• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JP The Mint. Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?!?!?

96 posts in this topic

Metropoliscomics post

Huh? Did they post in this thread? Are they "Mr Glass" or "aman619"? I didn't know that. Sorry. verysad.gif

no God forbid!! blush.gif

Steve from Metropolis just replied to Timely calling him "West."

no God forbid!! blush.gif

Steve from Metropolis just replied to Timely calling him "West."

Okay, I see what you guys are talking about now. But the name I was thinking about is not "West".

So Since you got the BINGO - - what was Steve calling him West for? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

gotcha... I didnt know he still collected.

I guess he managed to pick up a few lots here and there....huh?

still, why would Steve call him West + a vowel?

As old friends, wouldnt it more likely have been J_ _ _ _ ??

gotcha... I didnt know he still collected.

I guess he managed to pick up a few lots here and there....huh?

still, why would Steve call him West + a vowel?

As old friends, wouldnt it more likely have been J_ _ _ _ ??

Seemed like a condescending retort to what Steve viewed to be misinformation on JW's part. Hence the use of the last name? Don't many people refer to Steve as just "Fishler"? I don't think it's a big deal.

I believe that West is his first name. When I was in San Diego a few years ago (either 1998 or 2000), there was a lot of talk about a young man who had been buying up a lot of the high grade Golden-Age books for the last little while. I am just terrible with remembering names, but I think that his last name started with a "F". As for how he could have acquired so many books at such a young age, I don't think it was his own "earned" money.

Actually, most of those neat toys he got came from me!

Timely

So is there any truth to the rumor (27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif) that JP is the comic book Anti-Christ and is out to "control the entire high grade market"?! And just what part are YOU playing in this conspiracy, Mr. Timely?!

"What did CGC know, when did they know it, and did they try to cover it up?!?!"

*removing tongue from cheek*

On a serious note, West, are you the one who consigned most of the Mile Highs in Greg Manning's first CGC auction back in early 2001? If so, do you care to elaborate on how that deal went down and share any anecdotes you may have regarding it? smile.gif

Alan