• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM incredible Hulk 181

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, Im new around here, an contemplating sending in some of my key issues for grading. Just kinda wondering, what they may come back at, to see if its even worth sending them in.

Any help is appreicated!

hulk1812.jpg

45697b8e.jpg

Nice book,

The crease running through the Hulks left thigh will probably bring this book down to the FN+/FN/VF (6.5/7.0) grade.

I wish these scans were bigger.

I've studied about 100 slabbed 181's trying to determine why certain grades were given to certain books and have really learned a lot about this issue.

The way the discoloration has occured in the title is fairly common yet I haven't seen it effect the grade too much.

The crease is obviously the worse thing about this example.

The spine creases are a little longer than I'd like to see on this issue and due to the small scan, the corners look more rounded than they should.

This would still be a good example for a budget-minded collector that can't afford other examples that would sell for 3-4 times more than this one.

I whole-heartly agree with Point Five on this one that it is a 6.0

There's no WAY that it's a 7.0 unless for some reason those edges and corners could cut stone.

I hope you didn't pay a 7.0 price on it!