• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rusty staples

12 posts in this topic

I've seen them in 9.0 where the book looked to be 9.0 anyway.That's a good question,as rusty staples are one of my least favorite defects.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Depends how rusty they are, and overall condition of the book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll post a scan tonight. The overall grade of the book isn't that high. I was just wondering if they routinely took a half grade off, or a full grade or nothing.

Depends how rusty they are, and overall condition of the book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll post a scan tonight. The overall grade of the book isn't that high. I was just wondering if they routinely took a half grade off, or a full grade or nothing.

If that's the way they graded books, they'd all be .5's insane.gif

I've seen them in 9.0 where the book looked to be 9.0 anyway.That's a good question,as rusty staples are one of my least favorite defects.GOD BLESS...

You have a favorite defect? poke2.gifgrin.gif

My favorite defect is the hidden 1" interior page tear or water spot that brings an otherwise 9.4 book down to an affordable level......

My favorite defect is the hidden 1" interior page tear or water spot that brings an otherwise 9.4 book down to an affordable level......

My favorite defect is non-color-breaking bends on the cover. poke2.gif

My favorite defect is non-color-breaking bends on the cover. poke2.gif

Ditto!!GOD BLESS...

I don't know that I've ever seen them down-grade a book due to rusty staples.......even though, IMHO, they should. confused-smiley-013.gif

Brittle pages & rusty staples are two things I generally stay away from.

My favorite defect is non-color-breaking bends on the cover.

My all time favorite defect is specialized to X-Men #8. It's when a kid changes the U in the title splash to an A with a ball point pen. thumbsup2.gif

Second favorite is hair drawn on prof X's head. cloud9.gif