• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any estimates on the FF #100 cover?

24 posts in this topic

That cover is gorgeous...I would trade a hefty chunk of my collection to own that one.

That feeling in my gut, tells me we are looking at $50k+ asking price...with far lesser Kirby Sinnott FF small art covers going for $25-30k now.

Just my guess.....I have been daydreaming about owning that one since I saw it posted last night.

Chris

That cover is gorgeous...I would trade a hefty chunk of my collection to own that one.

That feeling in my gut, tells me we are looking at $50k+ asking price...with far lesser Kirby Sinnott FF small art covers going for $25-30k now.

Just my guess.....I have been daydreaming about owning that one since I saw it posted last night.

Chris

How about the Steranko Cap 113?? Not my favorite, as that spot is reserved for the 110, but certainly one of the best covers of the Silver Age and one of Steranko's top three or four remembered covers in general.

Chris

How about the Steranko Cap 113?? Not my favorite, as that spot is reserved for the 110, but certainly one of the best covers of the Silver Age and one of Steranko's top three or four remembered covers in general.

where's that? I didn't see that on the site?

Chris

I think he means the unused 113 cover.

steranko.jpg

Chris

I think he means the unused 113 cover.

steranko.jpg

Is that what they're auctioning? I assumed they were auctioning off the published version. I don't recall the email specifying it was the unpublished version, but I guess that's what's on the site.

I hadn't realized it was the unpublished 113... foreheadslap.gif - I would think it would still be around 20k.....I could be wrong, but it's a good guess.

Unpublished, ant all the characters are on a stat? No way it's 20K. I would think under 10K now, as you're basically buying an image of a skull on a black background. Any 'poison label' can get you that! wink.gif

Unpublished, ant all the characters are on a stat? No way it's 20K. I would think under 10K now, as you're basically buying an image of a skull on a black background. Any 'poison label' can get you that! wink.gif

Sotheby's online offered this four or five years ago, after they stopped doing the live/catalog sales. Anyway it went for under $2500 there. It's interesting but problematic with the stat. Story is Marvel asked for another cover due to being too gruesome for the hippie Vietnam-era kids.

This is a low-rent Steranko as there's no hand-drawn heroes here. Nice piece but it won't pull the nostalgia dollars.

Sotheby's online offered this four or five years ago, after they stopped doing the live/catalog sales. Anyway it went for under $2500 there. It's interesting but problematic with the stat. Story is Marvel asked for another cover due to being too gruesome for the hippie Vietnam-era kids.

This is a low-rent Steranko as there's no hand-drawn heroes here. Nice piece but it won't pull the nostalgia dollars.

$4500 confused-smiley-013.gif.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

I hadn't realized it was the unpublished 113... foreheadslap.gif - I would think it would still be around 20k.....I could be wrong, but it's a good guess.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

The FF 100 cover looks too crowded, if you ask me.

Agreed! I like large, simple images on my Silver Age art!

I also agree. The FF # 100 cover is fine, as a representation of major villains the team faced, but is (by the same token) far too cluttered.

Marvel 1960s cover images were, for the most part, simple and direct (as Hari notes). You can immediately appreciate the design, intention, and graphic clarity of the art.

Funnily enough, during the 1970s, I switched allegiance to the DC titles. I haven't really given it much though until now . . . but once Kirby departed Marvel, it seems as though the Marvel cover images lost their . . . 'impact'???

I know there are a lot of fans of 1970s Marvel covers on this site, but I find a lot of those images are far too cluttered and copy-heavy . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The FF 100 cover has big noslagia factor for me. I remember collecting a set of marvel sticker cards and one of the things that you could do if my memory is still working is make the cover to FF 100 out of some of the cards?

Does anyone else remember that?

Clem..

...which seems a bit high.I could see a few FF covers breaking that figure(5,12,39,47,48,49,60,73,74,84 spring to mind),but not this one.It is exciting to see it come to market,though.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a fiend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif