• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anything look strange? Closer Scrutiny Requested.

20 posts in this topic

Would someone please take a close scrutiny of this scan and see if anything just sticks out? Or perhaps is this a decent copy I should consider slabbing.. it really looks classy!

Please If I could get some honest observations....

ASM-300.jpg

Too tough to get any detail on it. Your scan dpi is too low. The right edge appears to be ragged, but it could just be the scan.

Before you submit, be sure to view the book front and back at an andle to see is you see any impressions on the cover. These are sometimes not apparent in a scan or upon casual viewing, but really impacts the grade.

Well I understand lack of particular resolution does limit the observations, but this book was found to be graded at 8.5 Apparent SP and received a "Purple" label.

Perhaps I am not noticing the Apparent SP with the book in hand, but I have wondered if a regrade may be in order...

It could be inside the book and not on the exterior. Or it could be on the back cover.

Chances are if CGC called it restored they will call it restored again, especially apparent restoration.

What were the other things if you don't mind? I would expect SlightAmateur (or as I like to call it...Kid with a magic marker). Slight P makes me think this was a practice book for someone working on their skills. IMHO

That ragged right edge is a production defect on some ASM 300s.

Souldn't affect the grade below 9.8.

The only comment on the label was exactly like this:

Restoration includes: very small amount of color touch on cover.

WHITE Pages

the grade shows Apparent 8.5 Slight (P)

You may have to remove it from the CGC case to find the ct. Playing the odds, it's probably along the spine and it's probably black ct. Look for areas of difference (or absence) in the gloss of the cover when held at an angle.

Thank you... I still believe I will either just leave it alone, or send it back to CGC for perhaps a second look, realizing that this could in fact get me a lower score (don't think that will be an issue) and/or a very slim chance that it may merit a higher than originally scored and somehow garner a "Blue" universal tag...

Thanks

Color touch is color touch. Sending it in again is just hoping they'll miss it. I doubt that it is often the case that one identifies color touch incorrectly.

Does professional color touch have the same lack or gloss as amateur magic marker touches or can the professional recreate a spot of gloss?