• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Making sense of "comicinvestor".......A few questions to JC....

8 posts in this topic

Ok, my busy time of year is coming up(work AND play grin.gif) so I won't be able to post much for the next few months(I will check for PM's if anyone needs to contact me). But before I go, I have a serious question that's been bugging me. I'm not sure if you answered it before, but I've never seen a straight-foreward response about this.

Why did you call yourself "comicinvestor" and have a website called comicinvestor.com? Seriously, this is no attack, it just genuinely puzzles me.

And don't say it was a joke, or sarcasm because it seemed like you put some genuine effort into the site and actually believed what you were saying.

And I wonder about your posts as well. It's one thing to simply believe comics are bad investments, but you're on another level. You take every opportunity to gnaw at this subject with the tenacity of a pitbull using the Mailman's crotch as a chew toy. Your obsessed with it. I think most people who didn't feel comics were a good "investment" also wouldn't "invest" the time to hang around on these boards, waiting to "fiddle while the CGC market burns" and discuss these "meaningless arangements of ink on paper" and the way in which these "forum sheep" place a "false sense of historical significance" on these "un-original bindings of toilet paper".

Seriously, we have some things in common, but I seriously don't understand this "crusade" of yours. In instances where you get a good deal on something, you feel the need to give back to that seller. When we were debating that whole CHuck/MH/Church family thing, you felt as strongly or even stronger than I did about the family getting screwed. You spoke of giving the family their due, and I respected that. But what I don't get is how this same person who will go out of his way to be fair to others and to see that others are not ripped off or burned, is the same guy who "will stand tall, laughing at everyone when the CGC market burns, and everyone loses their shirts". So what's that about? How can you care for people in one respect, and literally hope they "burn with their books, and the rest of this god damned decreped and meaningless hobby"?

I'm seriously looking for answers. Please don't evade the questions by giving reasons WHY comics aren't good investments or why CGC is for fools.

Cheers Vince.

AK

You spoke of giving the family their due, and I respected that. But what I don't get is how this same person who will go out of his way to be fair to others and to see that others are not ripped off or burned, is the same guy who "will stand tall, laughing at everyone when the CGC market burns, and everyone loses their shirts". So what's that about?

It's kind of like that old joke about the highly religious guy (think Ned Flanders) who is caught in a flood.

He climbs to the top of house and prays for God to save him. A raft floats by, but he doesn't grab it, as his faith is strong. A police boat comes by, but he states that he has faith in God and declines the offer. A helicopter hovers overtop, dropping a rope, but once again the man declines and states that he has faith that God will rescue him.

The man drowns, and when he reaches the gates of Heaven, he despairs:

"God, I have been a religious man, and lived my life as the Bible states, so why did you leave me to die?"

God chimes in, "Jesus Christ, I sent you a raft, a boat and a helicopter!"