• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Ebay bidders certainly have nerve

93 posts in this topic

Yes, $30 seems to still be a very good price for him 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe $50 (or even more) is a more adequate price ?

Not really. Book goes for $50 in NM and this one is VF/NM so maybe $35. Used to go for more but apparently there has been a flood of them on eBay recently.

Funny thing is this morning I checked my e-mail and there were several questions from Ebayers asking what happened to the #292 and asking if they could still buy it if it was available. One guy even offered $40, or $50 if it was a NM. I of course told them it had been sold, but I'm sure I'll be fielding more questions like that. I had to make some kind of note about it in the auction description since there is that unremovable Q&A on the bottom mentioning it.

The question having gone onto the eBay page helped you because had you just sent an e-mail to the original guy then he would have kept it to himself and won the auction on the cheap but since it was written on the page he had to act quickly.

What this points out is that some people are just stupid. Had he said nothing, he would have 1) gotten the book 2) had $25 more in his pocket and 3) been able to watch your auctions again for more hidden SMF variants.

Not sure why more are not concentrating on the illegality of the whole process. BASSGMAN, you can count on me never bidding on your auctions. To think you lowered your arse to the same level as the guy everyone is ripping. All you had to do was report him to ebay for soliciting a sale off ebay. YOU arer the scammer.

Not sure why more are not concentrating on the illegality of the whole process. BASSGMAN, you can count on me never bidding on your auctions. To think you lowered your arse to the same level as the guy everyone is ripping. All you had to do was report him to ebay for soliciting a sale off ebay. YOU arer the scammer.

settle down.

you need a refresher course on the word "scammer."

settle down.

you need a refresher course on the word "scammer."

somebody's been hitting too many 40's...

180px-Old_english_800_picture.jpg

insane.gif

Hmm...wouldn't be a Spiderman 292 variant collector by any chance? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

King Cobra FOREVER!!!

Scott

Just read through this thread.....and Sid did nothing wrong. And he could have been a a-hole about it. The kid went over the line when he sent the payment before Sid actually agreed to a deal....but it sounds like both parties ended up with what they wanted.

Red

Why would BassG be a scammer if there were no bids on his auction?! It's not like someone already won the books, and this specific comic was pulled.

Sid has done nothing wrong. He scammed noone. He went above and beyond what any seller should have to do. He was a nice guy about it. Much nicer than I would have been. The prospective buyer sure is an anal little cuss.

Scott

While Sid did nothing wrong,what I would have done was let the auction play out,after making it clear that the book was in the auction,maybe even changing the title to reflect it.Certainly would have brought mo' money.

BassG a Scammer . Please. He was so much nicer than I would have been. Its not that the kid tried to get a $50 book for $5 that pizzed me off. That was low but it happens . It was the attempt to manipulate him with sending payment without being asked. I would have reported him and then send him a nasty email. but hey thats just me.

Profile for 40oz
Email   Picture
Member # 3522  
Name  
Title Hobbyist  
Total Posts 58  
Homepage  
Occupation finding scammers  
Hobbies finding scammers  
ICQ Number  
Home Page  
Collecting Specialty 1 CGC Comics 
Collecting Specialty 2  
Most Wanted Collectible Wolverine: Origin 2,4, and 5 CGC 10.0 
Registered on 27/02/04 07:25 PM  

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You better should change your occupation and hobbies on your profile tonofbricks.gif

While Sid did nothing wrong,what I would have done was let the auction play out,after making it clear that the book was in the auction,maybe even changing the title to reflect it.Certainly would have brought mo' money.

Right, in retrospect that is exactly what I should have done. But with all the confusion going on with this one dang book I had promised it to both Friendly Andy as well as Anfield if "Friendly" didn't want it. Plus I even had another backup. I would have felt like an arse myself if I blew everybody off and just left the auction as it was originally but by pointing out the #292 variant.

Sid did nothing wrong? Huh? he did the harshest thing to ALL Ebay users by selling off ebay what was for sale on Ebay. Nothing damages Ebay more and it also damages, via trickle down garbage, all of the Ebay users. Isn't usnig ebay to create a sale off ebay the cardinal ebay sin? it sure is! total scammer if you ask me. Everyone watching that auction got scammed. Ebay got scammed. buyers/sellers got scammed due to higher ebay fees as a result. any asm 292 second print collector got scammed. even bassgman got scammed because he got less than he should have. i don'get it, you people should be ratting him out and no longer conducting business with him. who knows how many times he has done that and howm nay times unfriendlyandy has done it. scammer! scammers! scammers!