• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Cockrum Signature Series

37 posts in this topic

Soon to have a very cool Dave Cockrum SS in hand so no pics yet. An X-men #106 35 cent variant, CGC grade 8.5 . It will be for sale if there are any interested parties. The wife has talked me into buying a bigger house so I will be selling a lot here soon starting with this. I should be able to post a pick on Monday the 21st.

Selling your books for a bigger house is a bad idea. I say don't sell the stuff. If I still had a wife and she asked me for something like that It would be time for a divorce
sign-funnypost.gif

Not selling all of them, and at least in the new house I will have my own comic book room. yay.gif

I hope to someday find the time to put together my comic room. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I thought that was called "the living room" gossip.gif

I had nearly a half box of books for Cockrum to sign for Paradise customers. About 120 total. Biggest request by far.

Included about 5 copies of Giant-Size X-Men 1. 3 copies of X-Men 94 and nearly every other x-book he did and a few other keys like Iron Fist 14. Surprised no one submitted ASM 194 - that's a Cockrum cover.

what did Dave Cockrum have to do with IF 14? that's an Al Milgrom cover, you know gossip.gif

I am sorry I have heard this debate before. But that is a cockrum cover on IF 14 he did 15 aswell. I know milgrom claims he did it. But who wouldn't claim that. I mean I am pretty sure that if cockrum didn't do it he wouldn't have signed it I saw him tell somebody else that he didn't work on a certain book.

I am sorry I have heard this debate before. But that is a cockrum cover on IF 14 he did 15 aswell. I know milgrom claims he did it. But who wouldn't claim that. I mean I am pretty sure that if cockrum didn't do it he wouldn't have signed it I saw him tell somebody else that he didn't work on a certain book.

it isn't just Milgrom claiming it. the original art is signed by Al.

plus, it doesn't even look like Cockrum. the ink work is pure early 70's Milgrom

Actually I just looked at the IF cover OA and it was not signed by milgrom.

that's right. "Milgrom" is written in pencil at the top of the page, off the printed bleed section.

John Byrne was asked on his message boards who did the cover, and he said "Milgrom." Milgrom says he did pencil and inks for the cover, but it might have been based on a Cockrum sketch.

anyways, there's a long thread about it in the OA section