• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Do You All Think?

6 posts in this topic

Hard to say at this point....sometimes buyer's just latch on to a seller cause they like what they sell and feel comfortable with them....I got at least 5 people who repeatedly bid on most of my auctions...you'll find this especially if the seller list the same titles again and again.

This guy sells mostly X-men and Spiderman...so it's posible it's legit.

Jonny D.

This guy sells mostly X-men and Spiderman...Jonny D.

There's the understatement of the year. The guy has a trove of X-Men 94, GS X-Men #1, ASM 121, 122 and 129 issues and has been selling them consistently for years.

A lot are ink-stained, but I've been watching his auctions for the good ones. Between the two X-Men movies, he listed two primo non-inked copies of X-Men 94 and GS X-Men #1, each a $150 BIN.

I gravitated between giving them a shot, but I wasn't actively buying at that time, and let them slide. The popped off about 1 minute later...

Then came X2...

It also makes you think what will happen to X-Men prices once the latest movie fades away and Hulk/Spidey 2 heat up.

You aren't kidding....the guy has (had?) excellent untouched distributor copies. He's also become hip with current pricing. Was only a year ago you could buy a full untouched run of Spider-Man 100-150 (minus 101, 121, 122, 129) for $125. With that said......I believe his supply of the prime Spider-Mans are gone. I also think his supply of primo X-Men stock is down as well. Most everything he sold a year ago was untouched. His current auctions seem to be from his ink pile I'm afraid (with the exception of a couple of NM GS X-Men#1s he's sold over the last four months.....and I was the winner of one!)

Jim

No.....But a couple of things...

The copies tend to look alot better than his scans when you get them in your hands.

And this is what I was talking about before....his primo stuff seems to be long gone. He used to undergrade his comics by quite a bit. As his supply of the nice stuff has dwindled...his grading has gone more to the other extreme.

And I fear he may be using a shill ID to boot....

Jim