• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: FF#93 Printing wrinkle?

13 posts in this topic

Please take a look at the back cover of this FF93.

How bad do those wrinkles on the back hurt it?

You can actually follow the middle wrinkle through the last 5 pages.

Must have happened thru the printing process.

I don't think it really hurts it that much.

ff93_back.JPG

93.JPG

confused-smiley-013.gif 8.5?

The 93 is very common for having printer's crease (mine has one). They don't affect the grade at all under 9.4. The fact that the crease goes in 5 pages makes it a more severe printing defect, but a printing defect nonetheless.

The 93 is very common for having printer's crease (mine has one). They don't affect the grade at all under 9.4. The fact that the crease goes in 5 pages makes it a more severe printing defect, but a printing defect nonetheless.

I agree completely . . . except that itlookslike grin.gif

gossip.gifspine wear above the bottom staple probably puts it at 8.5 . . . confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree completely . . . except that itlookslike grin.gif

gossip.gifspine wear above the top staple probably puts it at 8.5 . . . confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree that it's more like 8.5. I think the wear along the top edge brings it down a little. Oh well.

Whitey

gossip.gifspine wear above the top staple probably puts it at 8.5 . . . confused-smiley-013.gif

To save my life I can't see any spine wear above the top staple, even with these massive scans. What am I missing? confused.gif

gossip.gifspine wear above the (oops!) bottom staple probably puts it at 8.5 . . . confused-smiley-013.gif

To save my life I can't see any spine wear above the top staple, even with these massive scans. What am I missing? confused.gif

Oops! sorry.gif

what's going on at that front right edge just below "Four?" is that another printer crease, scanning artifact, or regular old fashioned crease of unknown origin?

what's going on at that front right edge just below "Four?" is that another printer crease, scanning artifact, or regular old fashioned crease of unknown origin?

I'm looking very closely, and I can actually find two printer creases on that front cover. The one you noticed just below the 'Four' and there's also one below that's running through the man in the blue suit's hand. Looking at the staples, I don't think the scan does it justice. They are very good with no stress.

Whitey

Nice book Whitey - got any more like that at home? insane.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I haven't spent much time with collection over the past few years, but lately I've been rebagging and sorting some of my favorites. Ya, I think I've got some nice stuff around. I would like to be able to appraise my stuff acurately, so I'll put some pics up here once in a while when I find something nice or have questions. This forum is a good way to learn proper grading. I know a number of you deal with this stuff all the time, but for me it's just a fun hobby, so my grading skills aren't great. I buy something every once in a while from a shop if I'm travelling on business. Maybe I'll try to pick up something from the Comics Market forum.

Whitey