• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is this Maniac?

9 posts in this topic

Like I said before, I've bought some books from this seller (VF/NM to NM, pretty consistent), but over the last few weeks, I've noticed a certain bidder has been laying down the smack on some pretty seedy books:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35760&item=2177228376

Any idea who this guy is, and why he's paying hundreds for 5-issue runs of Invaders, Red Sonja and Warlord?

There's something going on, and if you look at his bidding history, you'll see some real whoppers on 70's junk like Red Sonja, Invaders, etc.

I have plenty of that [!@#%^&^], and in the past it's been worthless, and I can only imagine the guy bought some books from the seller, liked them and has seriously taken the "NM investment" advice to extremes.

He's the reincarnation of jgreen..

Actually looking at that bid history, who's the real insufficiently_thoughtful_person? The one who got outbid at $90 for that [!@#%^&^] or the one who is winning at $92? Or is it a question of degree of "moronity"...

Yeah, that timmyworld guy is in there with checkbook in hand, just asking to get reamed over common, common, common Bronze Age junk.

His bidding history is no better...

Remember I brought up a potential shill account for the same seller? Amazingly that bozo stopped bidding immediately and never came back...

You may be right, as the seller was getting high-dollar bids for the key X-Men's and Hulks, then a pile of junk went on to low bids... maybe someone wants 1970's Invaders to equal New X-Men??