• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Once again: European Comic Shop Suggestions?

10 posts in this topic

Hi folks. I posted a similar request months ago, but now I know where Jesse and I will be on our honeymoon and was wondering if any forumites in London and Paris can give me suggestions which would be the nearest and best comic shops to find nice European Dr. Strange collectibles, rare silver age horror and sci fi, or any other nice obscurios:

In London we will be at Marble Arch, right by Oxford Street and at the Northeast corner of Hyde Park.

In Paris we will be staying at a hotel on Avenue George V.

Thanks again! I'll post scans of anything I get when I return and will be checking the forum at

In London you want to check out Forbidden Planet, Comic Showcase and Gosh. All within walking distance of each other and not far from where you are staying. Forbidden Planet is on "New Oxford Street" just off Tottenham Court Road.

In Paris you should vistit board member Paris Fred's shop! Never been but it looks great. Get in touch with him and im sure he'll give you contact details.

Have a great time! hi.gif

In Paris we will be staying at a hotel on Avenue George V

Wow, nice hotel area, just near the Champs-Elysées avenue.

In Paris most of the comics (U.S. and europeans) shops are located in the Saint Germain District (Subway station is: "Cluny-la Sorbonne").

You'll find here: Album Comics, Pulps Comics, Gaël comics...

Enjoy your trip !

In London you want to check out Forbidden Planet, Comic Showcase and Gosh. All within walking distance of each other and not far from where you are staying. Forbidden Planet is on "New Oxford Street" just off Tottenham Court Road.

Comic Showcase has closed down, I'm afraid. And Forbidden Planet is no longer situated in New Oxford Street - it moved a year or two ago to 179 Shaftesbury Avenue.

Gosh is opposite the British Museum on Great Russell Street and IMO would be my first port of call if you're after a shop that primarily deals in comics as opposed to merchandise - Forbidden Planet doesn't deal in back issues.

Comic Showcase has closed down, I'm afraid. And Forbidden Planet is no longer situated in New Oxford Street - it moved a year or two ago to 179 Shaftesbury Avenue.

Gosh is opposite the British Museum on Great Russell Street and IMO would be my first port of call if you're after a shop that primarily deals in comics as opposed to merchandise - Forbidden Planet doesn't deal in back issues.

Hey golddust, do you still have that pence copy of Strange Tales #110?

Brendan McCarthy just mentioned Gosh as well, so I'll definitely have a look.

Off to the airport!

Hey golddust, do you still have that pence copy of Strange Tales #110?

Brendan McCarthy just mentioned Gosh as well, so I'll definitely have a look.

Off to the airport!

I still have the Strange Tales 110 - if you want to see the book (or any other on the site) lmk - I'll be happy to meet up. My contact number is on the website.

Have a good trip!

I still have the Strange Tales 110 - if you want to see the book (or any other on the site) lmk - I'll be happy to meet up. My contact number is on the website.

Have a good trip!

Goldust, I just got your message now that I'm back on this side of the pond again, and don't think I can do the ST 110 right now. Still have my eye on it though...

If anyone wants to see a gallery of the Dr. Strange foreign prints I got on my trip, HAVE A LOOK.

Stuff I didn't know about European comic shops: New comics are out on Thursdays, French Marvel reprints have huge "Essential" size softcover volumes in FULL COLOR, and Civil War #3 wasn't out anywhere last week.

Thanks again for all the great suggestions from board members!

Have a good trip!

Goldust, I just got your message now that I'm back on this side of the pond again, and don't think I can do the ST 110 right now. Still have my eye on it though...

If anyone wants to see a gallery of the Dr. Strange foreign prints I got on my trip, HAVE A LOOK.

Stuff I didn't know about European comic shops: New comics are out on Thursdays, French Marvel reprints have huge "Essential" size softcover volumes in FULL COLOR, and Civil War #3 wasn't out anywhere last week.

Thanks again for all the great suggestions from board members!

Glad you enjoyed yourself! Shame you didn't go to Forbidden Planet, i think you would have liked it! Yes Thursday is the big day in Europe as far as comics are concerned. It used to be Wednesday's about a decade ago but i think they changed it. Im suprised we even get them a day late considering they have to come from the States. Never knew the Essentials were in colour! As for Civil War 3, it came out here last Thursday.