• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philly Con Report

143 posts in this topic

Cry me a [embarrassing lack of self control] river. You could have had the 6.0 copy I "sold" to you for $220, but you backed out out like the deadbeat you are. Now you are whining about not finding that same issue? What balls.

893naughty-thumb.gif

If it will make you happy, send me the book and I will buy it for $220(now that i have the money)............ grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Cry me a [embarrassing lack of self control] river. You could have had the 6.0 copy I "sold" to you for $220, but you backed out out like the deadbeat you are. Now you are whining about not finding that same issue? What balls.

893naughty-thumb.gif

First off, it's my money. I will spend it on whatever I like.

Second, I am under no obligation to buy anything I do not wish to buy when it comes to my life as a "hobbyist".

You were not selling me a house, a car, a college education, or medical services.

Third, as I told you, I used that money on a better deal for a different book that happened to be offered to me at that time period.

I didn't steal from you. I did not hurt your family. I did not cause you to lose your job. i did not cause you physical harm.

What I did was back out of our deal FOR A FREAKIN' COMIC BOOK!!!

Just to set the record straight, if you would have sold it to me cheaper I would have bought it, but my comic fund is only so big.

Don't make comic buying and selling so personal. They are only comic books afterall.

You should put that in your sigline. I am sure there will be many boardmembers who will be happy to sell to you with that attitude. Since you are so open about it, every time you express interest in a book on here I will quote you. That way other people can know just where you stand.

thumbsup2.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

If it will make you happy, send me the book and I will buy it for $220(now that i have the money)............ grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

No thanks. I sold it to someone who isn't a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. thumbsup2.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

First off, it's my money. I will spend it on whatever I like.

Second, I am under no obligation to buy anything I do not wish to buy when it comes to my life as a "hobbyist".

You were not selling me a house, a car, a college education, or medical services.

Third, as I told you, I used that money on a better deal for a different book that happened to be offered to me at that time period.

I didn't steal from you. I did not hurt your family. I did not cause you to lose your job. i did not cause you physical harm.

What I did was back out of our deal FOR A FREAKIN' COMIC BOOK!!!

Just to set the record straight, if you would have sold it to me cheaper I would have bought it, but my comic fund is only so big.

Don't make comic buying and selling so personal. They are only comic books afterall.

You should put that in your sigline. I am sure there will be many boardmembers who will be happy to sell to you with that attitude. Since you are so open about it, every time you express interest in a book on here I will quote you. That way other people can know just where you stand.

thumbsup2.gif

Better yet, I will add it to my sigline. hi.gif

One dealer had a VG(minus) copy of Strange Tales #110(his grade) with a sticker price on it of $375. I took the book over to Gary Platt and he said it was a VG- and worth about $175. I told this guy that the guide price for VG was $225 and he said he would sell it for $200(about VG- anyway) after I said I would give him $150. He said "No" and then I offered to meet him in the middle at $175(I need that book!) and he said "no" again and that he would rather keep it and bring it back to his store where people are in "awe of it"(his words). Was he fawking kidding me...?? I was going to hand him $175 and he walked away from a "sale" over freakin' $25 for a book he had over-priced at $375(a scam). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

popcorn.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

No thanks. I sold it to someone who isn't a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. thumbsup2.gif

And who, pray-tell, ran off with this fabulous deal? Hmmmmmmmm???????? cool.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

OK, so now you went public and "told the world" the "truth" about me. Does this make you feel better..?? Do you think people on the board want to do business with you. Do you think I feel bad I did not give you my money...??? I don't even know you. I had never bought a book from you. There are many people here that would never send an unknown and faceless person $220 for a comic book purchase from a "new" seller. You should be happy I even thought about sending you my money.

Remember, it's my money that I work for. I am under no obligation to buy from anyone. Just as you are under no obligation to sell me the book.

Do you think I would "go public" against you if you said you decided to keep the book for whatever reason....????

Of course I wouldn't. I have class and realize it's only a comic book I am buying.

893naughty-thumb.gif

I get it.........he's mad because he sold the book anyway and made money................I'm such a bad person frown.gif

27_laughing.gif Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I have bought and sold to virtually every forum member on here, so not sure where you got the "new" idea.

As for a person having no class, you need only look in the mirror to see one of those. Where I come from (the planet Earth) a person's word should count for something. What it involves isn't important.

Since you brought "obligation" into it, yes, you are obligated. It's called a contract, and we have those to keep deadbeats like you from screwing people over.

This says more of you than me............................................

"It is better for to remain silent and be percieved a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt" laugh.gif

This says more of you than me............................................

"It is better for to remain silent and be percieved a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt" laugh.gif

Hey, I just call them as I see them. Your posts say it all anyway. confused-smiley-013.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

I get it.........he's mad because he sold the book anyway and made money................I'm such a bad person frown.gif

I wouldnt go so far as to say you are a "bad person" For all I know, you could turn out to be the nicest guy on the planet. But I would say, based on the facts presented, that you might have made a "bad business decision" by not honoring your deal with Andy. A good rep can go a long way around here. Andy has one. The question is, do you?

27_laughing.gif Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I have bought and sold to virtually every forum member on here, so not sure where you got the "new" idea.

As for a person having no class, you need only look in the mirror to see one of those. Where I come from (the planet Earth) a person's word should count for something. What it involves isn't important.

Since you brought "obligation" into it, yes, you are obligated. It's called a contract, and we have those to keep deadbeats like you from screwing people over.

Ha, ha, ha, we had a "contract" for a comic book..?? I "screwed you over" for not buying a comic book from you...?? You called me a " derogatory name" on a public comic book forum and I have no class....?? My "word should count for something" concerning a purchase of a comic book...???

Once again for the record, I was very honest with you about why I was not going to send you my $220 for a comic book. I did not lie to you as the reason. I was very up-front with you the whole time. I was very respectful and apologetic in my e-mails to you.........................however, I will NEVER give my money to anyone I have never met, do not know personally or trust completely unless it is my wish to do so. That includes non-binding e-mails about buying comic books from anyone.

So go ahead, tell the world, "Comcasthawk only buys and pays for comic books that he wants to buy and pay for"

893naughty-thumb.gif

I wouldnt go so far as to say you are a "bad person" For all I know, you could turn out to be the nicest guy on the planet. But I would say, based on the facts presented, that you might have made a "bad business decision" by not honoring your deal with Andy. A good rep can go a long way around here. Andy has one. The question is, do you?

It's obvious this guy doesn't get it. I am not going to waste any more time on him. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Ha, ha, ha, we had a "contract" for a comic book..?? I "screwed you over" for not buying a comic book from you...?? You called me a " derogatory name" on a public comic book forum and I have no class....?? My "word should count for something" concerning a purchase of a comic book...???

Once again for the record, I was very honest with you about why I was not going to send you my $220 for a comic book. I did not lie to you as the reason. I was very up-front with you the whole time. I was very respectful and apologetic in my e-mails to you.........................however, I will NEVER give my money to anyone I have never met, do not know personally or trust completely unless it is my wish to do so. That includes non-binding e-mails about buying comic books from anyone.

So go ahead, tell the world, "Comcasthawk only buys and pays for comic books that he wants to buy and pay for"

By the way, I have gotten a few PMs that said I wasn't the only one you welched on. Seems to be a pattern with you. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

Excuse me, who are you again.....?? Are you someone I should be concerned with...??

Did this "deal" concern you...??

Are you condoning this "Andy"'s use of the word "person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed" in his post..?? Was that a show of a good reputation or character...?? I didn't attack him, did I...??

As for your use of the phrase "bad business decision", I still have my money and I buy from the boards all the time. As long as I send the seller thier money, why would the seller care about what happened between me and Sandy, I mean, Andy...???

One more thing, I don't think the admins will appreciate personal attacks to another forum member in forms of signature lines(unless you have agreat reputation and a minimal amount of recorded posts). wink.gif

One more thing, I don't think the admins will appreciate personal attacks to another forum member in forms of signature lines(unless you have agreat reputation and a minimal amount of recorded posts). wink.gif

Who's attacking? It's just a direct quote. confused-smiley-013.gif

between me and Sandy, I mean, Andy...???

Ooooooohhhh. Burn! 27_laughing.gif

So boys and girls, the lesson for today is don't negotiate sales and commit to purchases unless you're prepared and willing to follow through. And if you're afraid to buy comics from strangers, don't talk to them! grin.gif

...and knowing is half the battle!

GEE EYE JOOOOOOOEEEEEE!!!!!

da da da, da dunnnnnnnnn; dunt!

Just kiddin'! stooges.gif