• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philly Con Report

143 posts in this topic

yes Dave Reynolds would make my list of "good dealers". Think Dave is fair and honest.

My two cents on the October transaction is this: if you don't have the funds, don't hit the BIN. The community relies on people honoring their word. Not saying you are the devil, just saying we need to always be mindful of this kind of stuff...

By the way, I have gotten a few PMs that said I wasn't the only one you welched on. Seems to be a pattern with you. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks for posting Andy. I had a $6 deal with him ($4 for two BA Captain Marvels and I'd be eating some of the shipping plus cost of mailer) which took multiple PMs and even included him sending me his address but no payment was ever made. So it's not just big dollar items. Was I not helpful and courteous? Was I not willing to do what it took to make the sale? confused-smiley-013.gif

Marc

yes Dave Reynolds would make my list of "good dealers". Think Dave is fair and honest.

My two cents on the October transaction is this: if you don't have the funds, don't hit the BIN. The community relies on people honoring their word. Not saying you are the devil, just saying we need to always be mindful of this kind of stuff...

A better book came along and I bought it, that's what happened. It's my money and I will do what I want with it.

My honor does not depend on some guy from Illonois selling me his book. He could have said "no problem, maybe next time" and been cool about it. Instead, he went public to smear me for a book he had another buyer for anyway!!!

Brian, go into court and try to use "honor" as a defense for something, see how many cases you win. They are only comic books, nothing else.

And to those forum members I "welched", I may have deleted the PM's or simply had a lot of other things happening at that time............sorry.

By the way, I have gotten a few PMs that said I wasn't the only one you welched on. Seems to be a pattern with you. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks for posting Andy. I had a $6 deal with him ($4 for two BA Captain Marvels and I'd be eating some of the shipping plus cost of mailer) which took multiple PMs and even included him sending me his address but no payment was ever made. So it's not just big dollar items. Was I not helpful and courteous? Was I not willing to do what it took to make the sale? confused-smiley-013.gif

Marc

Whoa, dude, hold on for a minute, If I remember right, I paid you and you sent me 2 pieces of [embarrassing lack of self control] that you said were VF, but were VG(minus)!!!!

No thanks. I sold it to someone who isn't a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. thumbsup2.gif

OK, so now you went public and "told the world" the "truth" about me. Does this make you feel better..?? Do you think people on the board want to do business with you. Do you think I feel bad I did not give you my money...??? I don't even know you. I had never bought a book from you. There are many people here that would never send an unknown and faceless person $220 for a comic book purchase from a "new" seller. You should be happy I even thought about sending you my money.

I think there are a LOT of people who have done, and will continue to do, business with October. I'm guessing that after your display of a complete inability to understand why you were wrong, which even the average 5-year old would understand, there will be a whole lot less people here willing to do business with you.

Remember, it's my money that I work for. I am under no obligation to buy from anyone. Just as you are under no obligation to sell me the book.

Sorry, but you ARE obligated once you enter into a contract, and yes, emails CAN constitute contracts (as well as verbal agreements). Perhaps you should think of that next time before you tell someone you will buy their book. I almost wish October had been forced to sell the book to someone else at a cheaper price than what you had agreed to, just so he could sue you for the difference. Maybe then you would learn that you're not free to walk away from a deal after reaching an agreement.

Do you think I would "go public" against you if you said you decided to keep the book for whatever reason....????

Of course I wouldn't. I have class and realize it's only a comic book I am buying.

The difference is that October would never welch on the deal. And if he had, I would expect you to go public, just like I'm glad he went public on you. Silence in these situations helps no one. If no one identifies the deadbeats, they are just dooming others to find out the hard way that you're a deadbeat.

A better book came along and I bought it, that's what happened. It's my money and I will do what I want with it.

My honor does not depend on some guy from Illonois selling me his book. He could have said "no problem, maybe next time" and been cool about it. Instead, he went public to smear me for a book he had another buyer for anyway!!!

Brian, go into court and try to use "honor" as a defense for something, see how many cases you win. They are only comic books, nothing else.

And to those forum members I "welched", I may have deleted the PM's or simply had a lot of other things happening at that time............sorry.

I really, really don't want to get in the middle of this. Okay, it's not about your honor per se. It's about doing what you say you are going to do.

In court, and under the law, I would likely win this case as what you agreed to constitutes a sales contract. October made a public offer. You accepted. Consideration is the comic book. You did so in writing (via PM or email or public acceptance).

I'm pretty sure I'd win that case.

But this isn't a legal debate. Take that out of the equation. This is about the community that relies on us honoring our word simply to make it a better environment than ebay. This isn't a comment that just is directed at you per se, it's comment on how I see the boards marketplace working in general.

got any SA wonder womans october? I'm still looking for some upgrades. oops philly con report.

well i didnt get to the philly show this year so.......

This is about the community that relies on us honoring our word simply to make it a better environment than ebay. This isn't a comment that just is directed at you per se, it's comment on how I see the boards marketplace working in general.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Horse. Poop.

if someone puts a book up for sale in the public marketplace, and you commit to buying it...guess what?

you have to buy the book. if you don't buy it after making a commitment to doing so, be prepared to lose a lot of opportunities for future purchase.

dude, your honour does depend on "some guy from Illinois selling (you) his book" because you are the one who agreed to buy it! this isn't a brick-and-mortar store where you can take your items to the counter and then decide which ones you want to buy. the only way deals work here is if both buyers and sellers come through on their word to buy or sell.

i mean, let's say you offered a guy $200 for his 6.0 ST 110 and after four days you never heard anything so you pm him and find out he got an offer of $225 for the book from someone else and sold it?

would you be ticked off? would you want to buy from that dude again?

got any SA wonder womans october? I'm still looking for some upgrades. oops philly con report.

well i didnt get to the philly show this year so.......

Nope, not right now. I will let you know if I get any though. thumbsup2.gif

You really are clueless aren't you? 27_laughing.gif

You really are clueless aren't you? 27_laughing.gif

popcorn.gif

I went to the show too. Thought it was cool. Bought a bunch of cheap books to read. Bought some more cheap books because I wanted them. Bought a SubMariner 8 for the battle issue. Some guy had it priced right at $16 and was half off too. Is a VG or so I guess. The guy with the new collection from Allentown had one, that was nicer because it had more gloss and was a little less damaged, but wanted $25 or $30 for it. He also had a Teen Titans 2, but was asking $25 for that. It was seriously brown, and probably a VF or so. I had picked out several books from him, but he was using overstreet to price some and Wizard to price others. Didn't really like that, didn't really want to spend as much as he was asking and decided not to buy. Fantastic thing about up here is that there's a show next weekend too! Down in Fl, there were only shows 3 hours away, and then only every three or four months.

cloud9.gif

In court, and under the law, I would likely win this case as what you agreed to constitutes a sales contract. October made a public offer. You accepted. Consideration is the comic book. You did so in writing (via PM or email or public acceptance).

I'm pretty sure I'd win that case.

First off, this wasn't a public offer(if I remember correctly). I was sent an e-mail asking if I wanted the book.

So Brian, if what you are saying about "e-mails being contracts" is true, how about if someone from another state sends me an e-mail saying he will sell me his house for $200,000.00 and I send a return e-mail saying I will buy it. I go all the way to his state to give him the money and he refuses to sell me the his house. Do you think the courts in his state would rule in my favor because of those e-mails..???!! With no signed documents.......??!! I don't think so.

Let me say this, these are only comic books. I will spend my money on what books I want to spend my money on. No one is forced to sell me thier books and I am not forced to purchase them. If I don't want your book at the end of the day, I won't buy it. If you don't want to sell it to me at the end of the day, you don't have to sell me your book(s) and I will harbor no ill-feelings about either scenario.

As for this chucklehead in Ilinois, I could care less about that freak. He is nothing to me, just as I should be nothing to him. If he has a hard-on over this, too bad for him. I still have my $220 and am very happy I did not give him 1 full day's pay!

If no one wants my money, that's cool, too. I will feel no pain about not sending anyone my hard-earned well-deserved pay I recieve from United Parcel Service.

Guys, we are only comic book collectors!! This is getting weird. Can any of you guys get girls in your real life..???893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I went to the show too. Thought it was cool. Bought a bunch of cheap books to read. Bought some more cheap books because I wanted them. Bought a SubMariner 8 for the battle issue. Some guy had it priced right at $16 and was half off too. Is a VG or so I guess. The guy with the new collection from Allentown had one, that was nicer because it had more gloss and was a little less damaged, but wanted $25 or $30 for it. He also had a Teen Titans 2, but was asking $25 for that. It was seriously brown, and probably a VF or so. I had picked out several books from him, but he was using overstreet to price some and Wizard to price others. Didn't really like that, didn't really want to spend as much as he was asking and decided not to buy. Fantastic thing about up here is that there's a show next weekend too! Down in Fl, there were only shows 3 hours away, and then only every three or four months.

cloud9.gif

You mean you never got screwed by Comcasthawk..??!!

i happened to knock up my ex wife a couple of weeks ago, so now my purchasing will be limited.

CONFUCIOUS SAY STAY AWAY FROM EX-WIVES.