• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much to deduct for paper ripples?

23 posts in this topic

Another great example...thanks!!! I believe we've established that CGC doesn't deduct for printing creases much below the 9.9 level. So now the question is...should they? I'm surprised they consider it an acceptable defect for the 9.8 grade.

Substitute the words "printing creases" for "page quality" and I believe the argument would be the same as to how CGC views them...as long as the crease does not break color the deduction is probably in the .01 range but probably less...JMO

Substitute the words "printing creases" for "page quality" and I believe the argument would

be the same as to how CGC views them...as long as the crease does not break color the deduction is probably in the .01 range but probably less...JMO

Consider that Overstreet's guidelines have stated for over a decade that a comic in Very Fine condition can have a "crease 1/4 inch in length, as long as it does not break the color." Well...those creases on the CGC 9.8s brought up in this thread are 10 or 20 times as long as this guideline from Overstreet!

The standards need SO much work with clarification and greater detail...