• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

??? -- Comiclink auction?

31 posts in this topic

wow two negative comiclink stories in two days, seems like those [embarrassing lack of self control] are finally getting whats due.

wow two negative comiclink stories in two days, seems like those [embarrassing lack of self control] are finally getting whats due.

I agree. What comes around, goes around. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy thumbsup2.gifpopcorn.gif

And what 'due' would that be? They've been supplying a medium for comic buyers for several years, and all quite successfully. Yes people get annoyed with how some of the deals work out, but invariably they are complaining about consigners doing underhanded dealings through comiclink. Blaming comic link is pointing the finger in the wrong direction.

Please reading the above don't get the wrong idea, I have no great love for Josh, he's argumentative, and has the helpfulness of grenade with no pin sometimes. But a lot of the moaning over Clink, is in actual fact consignor grief, not the hosts -Clink. They never deviate from their stated policies, and they're all there for anyone to read.

They're auctions are providing a viable alternative to Heritage. They are not located in one of the 2 states of America where it is legal for auction house employee's to bid on auctions. So thats automatically a huge plus. And being both a bidder, and a consignor, I know it to be an honest dealing.

If anyone wants to know who's actualling bidding, the majority of the bidder's are board member's, as several threads will back this up. The rest as they say is up to you....and hey if you don't bed - thats fine by me e.g I might, just might be bidding on the same book! thumbsup2.gif

Easy one to fix. Start a company that guarantees No Shilling!

CAL news.gif

At http://bidoncomics.com it is built right into our software where no one can bid on their own auctions. Also we watch and will ban any shillers. I'm sure someone will figure out the way around it but sooner or later they will have that patern and they will be banned.

just my 2 cents

And what 'due' would that be? They've been supplying a medium for comic buyers for several years, and all quite successfully. Yes people get annoyed with how some of the deals work out, but invariably they are complaining about consigners doing underhanded dealings through comiclink. Blaming comic link is pointing the finger in the wrong direction.

Please reading the above don't get the wrong idea, I have no great love for Josh, he's argumentative, and has the helpfulness of grenade with no pin sometimes. But a lot of the moaning over Clink, is in actual fact consignor grief, not the hosts -Clink. They never deviate from their stated policies, and they're all there for anyone to read.

They're auctions are providing a viable alternative to Heritage. They are not located in one of the 2 states of America where it is legal for auction house employee's to bid on auctions. So thats automatically a huge plus. And being both a bidder, and a consignor, I know it to be an honest dealing.

If anyone wants to know who's actualling bidding, the majority of the bidder's are board member's, as several threads will back this up. The rest as they say is up to you....and hey if you don't bed - thats fine by me e.g I might, just might be bidding on the same book! thumbsup2.gif

are you a josh shill? The only time i ever see you post is when there is a comiclink thread.

I've bought and sold several books through Josh/Comiclink and have never had a problem. There are some books that I question the integrity of the sale and if it actually happened. But simply put, if you don't like the price of the book or if the bidding smells like fish to you, don't bid on it and don't buy it.

I've bought and sold several books through Josh/Comiclink and have never had a problem. There are some books that I question the integrity of the sale and if it actually happened. But simply put, if you don't like the price of the book or if the bidding smells like fish to you, don't bid on it and don't buy it.

Same here...I was dealing with Clink before CGC was a twinkle in Steve Borock's eye and have never really had a problem. Pick a price you're willing to pay and place your bid, don't get caught up in a bidding war and you'll be fine. As with any other internet-based buying/selling venue (ebay, Heritage, Pedigree, etc.,.) there are things that could be improved and perhaps some questionable practices and customer service issues, but on the whole I would not hesitate recommending them if they have something you're interested in. thumbsup2.gif

However, this endorsement does not apply to the auction ending this week - all those books are pressed, every book will be shill bid (if it's even really available), the postage/shipping rates are outrageous, there's an illegal credit card surcharge, and Josh will probably yell at you when you call to make your payment! mad.gif

In my humble opinion... the way some of these companies do business.. sucks.. and should be changed.

Zipper's collecting blog has an NY Daily News article posted More Auction House Hi-Jinx

"Now the scandal has even spread to the world of sports memorabilia: Ohio investigators say Mastro Auctions, the world's largest sports auction house, may have played a role in what is being called "Coingate."

It's like a scandal within a scandal, with investigators taking notice of apparent auction house shill bidding. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Thanks for the cool link Davenport. Sorry I'm a bit off topic here, but there is no question in my mind that shilling happens at Heritage. They freely admit that employees can bid on the auctions. On one occasion, I entered an on line bid and then called to listen live and bid if necessary. The first thing the guy at Heritage asks me is, "What is the maximum amount you are willing to bid?" 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

On one occasion, I entered an on line bid and then called to listen live and bid if necessary. The first thing the guy at Heritage asks me is, "What is the maximum amount you are willing to bid?" 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's an auction, and you were presumably calling in to bid. confused-smiley-013.gif

What did you want him to ask you, what color your eyes were? confused.gif

I dont understand that either, theyre going to place a bid for you at your maximum amount. Thats what happens with auctions. Now if they asked you something such as, how much is your maximum bid going to be before we shill up to that number and make you bid above your maximum if you really want the book otherwise the book is going to be in the next signature auction, we may actually be onto something here.