• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROAST: Rake Joanna over the coals!

56 posts in this topic

Despite the fact that I now employ a scantily-clad Linda Carter for my avatar, would you all mind adhering to some manner of civic-minded civility and decorum and take down some of the hyper-testosterated pin-up "ladies" (as I would never demean one of my Sisters of the Fallopian by calling her "whore") so I don't further traumatize my friends and peeping neighbors who might be surveiling my internet activity?

Did I mention that I have written a new synopsis of some quasi-obscure Wonder Woman issue that you straight males would never be caught dead reading? Check it out:

wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords

wordswordswordswords(repeat for several thousand more words)

To tell the truth, I'm really just an automaton placed here by the powers-that-be to distract you all when you get too rowdy.

Anyone want to do a puzzle?

Yours,

Den Mother

P.S. Did I forget to mention that my family comes from a faraway land of fjords and people with consonants in strange combinations in their names? You could try to pronounce the name of my homeland it's "Northern Jkrrrlarfbarghnmkjelstonialand" which ironically means "land of fjords and people with consonants in strange combinations in their names, go figure) but you'll probably have to break your jaw and dislocate your tongue to say it correctly.

The contest is over. I'll post the winners and their prizes once I contact everyone. With the boards this slow, it may be sometime in early '04. argh.

Thank you everyone who entered, and be on the lookout for the Lighthouse roast coming to a thread near you later this week.

-- Joanna

The contest is over. I'll post the winners and their prizes once I contact everyone. With the boards this slow, it may be sometime in early '04. argh.

Thank you everyone who entered, and be on the lookout for the Lighthouse roast coming to a thread near you later this week.

-- Joanna

So did I win?

I want my prize.

It's time to announce the winners of last week's roast!

In first place:

1. Lighthouse

In second place, we have a tie:

2. PovertyRow

2. Joe_Collector

In third place, another tie:

3. MajorKhaos.

3. Araich.

And finally, we have Mr. Congeniality! With an entry so subtle, most thought it wasn't an entry at all, it's:

Mr.C: Ubiquiti

Thank you everyone who entered! Will the winners please PM their mailing addresses. I'm sorry I couldn't post the prizes because I'm still trying to figure out what to do about Joe Collector, who hasn't responded yet with what he wants. If he doesn't answer by Thursday, I'm just going to send out the other prizes and he can pick from what's left.

-- Joanna

It's time to announce the winners of last week's roast!

In first place:

1. Lighthouse

In second place, we have a tie:

2. PovertyRow

2. Joe_Collector

In third place, another tie:

3. MajorKhaos.

3. Araich.

And finally, we have Mr. Congeniality! With an entry so subtle, most thought it wasn't an entry at all, it's:

Mr.C: Ubiquiti

Thank you everyone who entered! Will the winners please PM their mailing addresses. I'm sorry I couldn't post the prizes because I'm still trying to figure out what to do about Joe Collector, who hasn't responded yet with what he wants. If he doesn't answer by Thursday, I'm just going to send out the other prizes and he can pick from what's left.

-- Joanna

Pffft....after what I sent you...what do I get?

So...you enjoy the books? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I believe it's customary to enter a contest before asking for prizes, greggy. This is your first post in this thread.

The books still haven't come. I don't know what's going on. I stayed home all day so I wouldn't miss them!

-- Joanna

I believe it's customary to enter a contest before asking for prizes, greggy. This is your first post in this thread.

The books still haven't come. I don't know what's going on. I stayed home all day so I wouldn't miss them!

-- Joanna

Sorry...but you're not as easy to roast like I am! insane.gif

Someone call 911 before I laugh my internal organs out my nose! grin.gif

Looking at your avatar......I'd say it's too late. insane.gif

Bugster! You found your way out of the Water Cooler! (man that must have been a scary maze!)

893applaud-thumb.gif

Bugster! You found your way out of the Water Cooler! (man that must have been a scary maze!)

893applaud-thumb.gif

That's the most fun I've had since I caught Khaos molesting greggy and threw a bucket of superglue on them.

Oh shaddup '!

Wait until your roast. I will unveil your actual pic at that time! goodevil.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

That's the most fun I've had since I caught Khaos molesting greggy and threw a bucket of superglue on them.

Oh shaddup '!

Wait until your roast. I will unveil your actual pic at that time! goodevil.gif

Somebody tell Chrisco that 12 days is too long for his "Chuckles" roast...

I got people lined up waiting to shoot spitballs at me... tongue.gif

I thik Joanna hates me thats why I didnt win

I didn't win either, I guess she hates me too! frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Yes, it's true. She does. Sorry. frown.gif

If it makes you feel any better, though, she only has ONE name on her list of people to kill.............. :::casually looks in Pov's direction for absolutely no reason at all:::