• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is the Bronze folder dead?

21 posts in this topic

mccoy_forum.jpg

To me, it's surprising to see that the GA forum has 50% more threads than the BA forum, and especially as of late, it has been much more active. CGC has had a much, much bigger impact on the BA market, and certainly the demographics of the BA collecting base would have led me to believe that 2000-2010 would be a prime growth period for BA. That said, here on the CGC boards, the GA is the most active board, yet most of the GA books being posted are raw so it's not like it's a slab-driven market fueling the interest. confused-smiley-013.gif

I suspect the GA boards are more active because the GA period is simply more interesting as most collectors have a lot of room for growth in their knowledge of GA books. Most of us have "been there, done that" when it comes to BA, especially Marvel (which explains why the most popular threads, the horror thread and the war thread, are DC-centric). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now, JC can give us the real answer to the discrepancy! 27_laughing.gif

I agree partially, but I don't think it has anything to do with "knowledge".

The most popular threads are the usual "come and oggle the cover scans" ones, and those favor the older, and more esoteric, titles that few may have seen.

I don't think that correlates to "interest levels" though - how many times can you post a Hulk 181 scan?

I don't think that correlates to "interest levels" though - how many times can you post a Hulk 181 scan?

You'd be surprized! foreheadslap.gif

As for myself I have been finishing off my upgrades on my BA Horror books and since almost EVERY book has been posted and talked about to death, it isn't worth posting yet another book everybody is familiar with.

Also there have been some nice GA books being offered up lately so that has my focus for now.

And lastly, it SUMMER! Less time on the boards = outdoor fun! thumbsup2.gif

there are more oddities and rarities in GA to talk about. more history few of us know about. other than some horror books from third, fourth and eleventh tier publishers and some indies and fanzines, there's very little BA we haven't all seen a zillion times (and most of that stuff is posted in the magazine section, not here). and no, seeing a copy of spiderman with a 35 vs. 30 cent cover is not all that interesting even if rare.

so here we bicker about how common high grade BA books are and how there is warehouse after warehouse of this stuff waiting to be slabbed.

I come to this board all the time but it had slowed recently. The Copper board has stalled out. Modern seems to be a kicking board. For the last month I have just tried to notice which board had more viewers when I come to this site.

Usually goes

Modern

Gold

Silver

Bronze

Cooper.

Just an observation.

Nah, I think Bronze outranks Silver on most days, but the rest of the list is sound.

Maybe I am on the wrong times. lol. I never see it say more than 4-5 people are in Bronze. And thats upsetting as a bronze collector and fan. I am 39 so the bronze age was my childhood age .

Right now as a sample its

Gold 18

Silver 11

Modern 5

Bronze 2

copper 1

only one measly post a day this week!!!???

Blame it on summer slowdown...I'll be sure to post more in a month or so spurring a flurry of forum activity... acclaim.gif

youre probably right. Also they must have run out of Bronze horror books after a phenomenally long run. But, as slow as summer brings, it is true that the gA Forum has caught fire compared to the other genres lately. IMO, its just ebb and flow. Ther ehave been some interesting threads with cool looking books. You cant argue that we have all seen just about every BA book more than once by now.

The Bronze Folder will never die. Especially with the forumites we have contributing to this forum and the vast knowledge displayed by these amazing participants.

Moreover, there is a tremendous amount of Bronze Age stuff to explore.

It's just vacation time!

bronzejohnny