• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego Comic Con International Signature Series Opportunities

53 posts in this topic

Does M. Zeck do shows anymore? I'd be interested in getting a ton of books done by him but don' t remember seeing him on any recent guest lists. Don't see him on the San Diego list, safe to assume that he won't be there?

Drew

I don't think mike zeck is going to be in san deigo. I didn't see him on the artist alley list or the main list or as a panel contributor. Unfortunately Zeck hasn't done any work in a long time. I wish he would his punisher and captian america stuff is absolutely amazing.

Mike Zeck hasn't done any shows in awhile and is not scheduled to do any upcoming shows. His wife Sheryl Zeck (SZeck on eBay) has been selling comic books out of Mike's personal collection. You can get them signed at your request, but I doubt CGC would certify them.

If you're looking for a Mike Zeck signature, you can order "The Art of Mike Zeck" sketchbook directly from him. It is signed and limited to 1,000 copies and includes a lot of great preliminary and unpublished pieces. Mike's website is www.mikezeck.com.

Mike is still doing work these days, although a lot of it has been behind the scenes for the DC licensing group. I'd love to see Mike take on the Punisher again as well - Marvel sould give him a call!

Does M. Zeck do shows anymore? I'd be interested in getting a ton of books done by him but don' t remember seeing him on any recent guest lists. Don't see him on the San Diego list, safe to assume that he won't be there?

Drew

893scratchchin-thumb.gifdevil.gif

I really want Zeck to sign a copy of ASM 294 and 294 each. frown.gif

Yeah, I'd be interested in getting that book done as well. Would really like to get a SS copy of the following book done:

capannzeck.gif

I was actually thinking that if he receives a few polite emails from people simply asking when he will be attending a con, he might get the idea that he is in demand and there is money to be mad. Money talks.

I don't think money is going to be the driving factor that will motivate Mike to do a show. If and when he decides to do one again, he will likely want to do it around the same time as the release of a big project of his. Hopefully that will be the release of his second sketchbook (there are no definite plans to publish that though at this time). He actually considered doing one this year, but the timing wasn't quite right.

Actually artists don't make a lot of money doing shows. It's sometimes just as profitable to stay at home. Let's say an artist like Mike were to do 10 sketches at $100 each (that would be aggressive given the amount of people that typically want signatures on their books). That's $1000. When you think that it took 2 days to get back and forth to the show, that's like making $333/day (for the gueling work of cranking out sketches). That's not really a ton of money, especially if you have any expenses to cover as a result of your trip to the show. Some artists make additional money by selling their pages, but Mike doesn't have any at the moment - any ones he does get, he sells through his website or eBay. I doubt Mike would ever charge for a signature so I don't think he'd make any money signing books so that they could get slabbed.

Mike's strongest desire to do a show would come from seeing his fans. Mike is one of the nicest artists out there and has put a lot of work into maintaining his website so that he can continue to connect with his fans even though he hasn't been at a show in a long time. If you haven't checked it out, you should go to mikezeck.com. You can contact Mike through the website and order his first sketchbook. Mike will be happy to personalize it if you wish.

I emailed him the other day and he was very nice. Stated he wasn't doing any shows on the horizon but when/if he decides, he will post. Top notch guy