• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me! I'm in a grading funk...

23 posts in this topic

I can't believe I missed water damage. I'm not saying it wasn't there, just that I can't believe I missed it.

Suffice to say, I am will now no longer using CGC point scales and will stick to the overstreet letter grades. I am also going to use the great advice to give it my grade and then drop it to be conservative.

I have no problem with refunds as I expect the same thing from the people I buy from. I just want to take pride in the fairness of my deals and the accuracy of my grading.

I also will no longer smoke any weed before grading and listing. 893Funny-thumb.gif

I can't believe I missed water damage. I'm not saying it wasn't there, just that I can't believe I missed it.

Suffice to say, I am will now no longer using CGC point scales and will stick to the overstreet letter grades. I am also going to use the great advice to give it my grade and then drop it to be conservative.

I have no problem with refunds as I expect the same thing from the people I buy from. I just want to take pride in the fairness of my deals and the accuracy of my grading.

I also will no longer smoke any weed before grading and listing. 893Funny-thumb.gif

The water damage was on the MTU #40. It barely showed on the FC, but was more apparent on the bottom of the back cover. [!@#%^&^] happens, but what counts is the way a seller handles any discrepencies to make the transaction a positive one. 893applaud-thumb.gif