• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scottish Returns

46 posts in this topic

Are you scottish? poke2.gif

OMG - please tell me you're not going to start swapping

haggis stories again if he is...

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

insane.gif

Once at a rabbie burns night i was given the honour of cutting the haggis with the sword.

The cook forgot to remove the film wrapping round it and the sword just bounced off it instead of slicing it foreheadslap.gif

That's my haggis story tongue.gif

Sadly only 50%. frown.gif Both my paternal grandparents born and raised in the homeland. My father was the first to be born on US soil and then he had to go and marry a Swede! blush.gifgrin.gif

50% is better than nothing tongue.gif Whereabouts were your grandparents raised? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sadly only 50%. frown.gif Both my paternal grandparents born and raised in the homeland. My father was the first to be born on US soil and then he had to go and marry a Swede! blush.gifgrin.gif

There's nothing wrong with that mix -

my LAMB clan bloodline is half Scot and a good percent

Nordic as well.

50% is better than nothing tongue.gif Whereabouts were your grandparents raised? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm asked that so infrequently that I'd have to look it up and even then I'm not sure I could tell you any general area. sorry.gif

My grandmother was a MacKenzie and my grandfather was a Haig. I do have a family geneology book that takes the Haig line back to 1215. The current Earl resides at Bemersyde (not sure what that is close to - have to look on a map).