• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego Comic Con - Question for those who pre-registered

10 posts in this topic

For those of you who pre-registered, did you get some kind of confirmation from the SDCC? I spoke to my friend today who is going and he said that he received a confirmation letter via the USPS that he's supposed to bring to the convention center to pick up his badge. I thought I received some kind of confirmation from the SDCC, but I either imagined that or lost the letter as I can't find it.

Did everyone get a letter? Do you know if you can just bring govt.-issued ID and/or the credit card used in the purchase to pick up the badge? confused-smiley-013.gif

I believe they did send out a confirmation letter. I remember one year I forgot mine, I still got in all though I forgot exactly what happened. I think you can still get in without it. But bring an ID for sure.

I received a confirmation email after I signed up. I think that should be sufficient.

You got an e-mail from them? I don't think I even gave them my e-mail address. My friend sent me a scan of the confirmation letter he got and it has a bar code that gets scanned so he can get his badge. So, I'm worried that maybe you do need the letter after all. I'm going to give the Con a call when they open today at 9am Pacific time.

Well, I gave the Con folks a call on Friday and they were able to fax me a copy of the letter along with a note saying to give me my frickin' badge in the event the bar code doesn't scan. So, all's well that ends well...

It seemed overly confusing this year, with an extra step. Had to send in my pro reg documents (as required) only to have them send them back to me and ask me to register on-line. Then i printed out some bar-coded sheets that i have to turn in after waiting in the on-site reg line... confused-smiley-013.gif