• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Funnies question

6 posts in this topic

Hi, All,

I really like the early New Funnies covers and plan to pick some up soon. I know Woody's first appearance was in The Funnies 64. I also know he appeared in New Funnies 68. Does anyone know if he was in the issues in between? confused-smiley-013.gif

Scott

For issues 66 and 67, he appeared in the Oswald strips as with his first appearance. I don't know about issue 65, which BTW has a supremely ugly cover but is much more rare than 66 on up. Here's the interior to 64 with old school Woody.

fun64pap.jpg

I just sold a bound copy of 66-77recently and there are a few out there - not as rare as you'd think. These go all the way up to the 200's. Its a cheap way to get a good run of otherwise tough to find in reasonalbe grade books. If you run across an 89 with the US Bond cover, let me know I am trying to get all 4 of these bond covers from July 1945. I have the Looney Tunes and I need the NF 89, Walt Disney CS 46 and Popular 101.

Actually, I just saw a copy of New Funnies 89 available. I think it was on James Payette's site. I'll check again today. I don't remember the condition, though.