• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

charlotte comicon....august 13th

21 posts in this topic

its a small one day show at the best western uptown...just wondering if anyone is going since somany board members are in NC. speciel guests are rick ketham....al bigley,budd root,buddy prince,brian shearer,scott rorie,and richard stahnke.

im game for a board member lunch....if the show is where i think it is there are a bunch of places to ear at..theres rock bottom..a nice resteraunt/brewerey.....good family envirment or theres the graduate,foxandhound,rhi ras...those are more bars but serve food

Good. maybe Arex, Sal, Dr. B, Zonker, and rahigh can make it.

Sorry Ray, but im a no go. Dont have the funds to justify a trip down.

Also, you might want to get up with Chrisco, as he just moved to the Queen City yay.gif

doubt i will be able to go. wife's sister will be in town which usually means i can't leave unless there's an emergency

Also, you might want to get up with Chrisco, as he just moved to the Queen City yay.gif

Indeed! I'm down. Probably wouldn't buy anything, but always up for a forum lunch.

Good talking to you yesterday Arex! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Indeed! I'm down. Probably wouldn't buy anything, but always up for a forum lunch.

Same here Chris!

I would love to go but my girl is throwing a party Saturday and I expect to be waaaay to hungover to make the three hour trek to Charlotte. What dealers usuall show up to that show? Is it the usual suspects (Foss, Dave Hinson, David Shankle etc) or are there some folks that have some different stuff in there? I actually had that show on my list to try and do some bulk buying but between Ebay screwing everything up for store sellers and having a house sitting on the market that is not generating any income things are a little tight in Chucktown.

I would love to go but my girl is throwing a party Saturday and I expect to be waaaay to hungover to make the three hour trek to Charlotte. What dealers usuall show up to that show? Is it the usual suspects (Foss, Dave Hinson, David Shankle etc) or are there some folks that have some different stuff in there? I actually had that show on my list to try and do some bulk buying but between Ebay screwing everything up for store sellers and having a house sitting on the market that is not generating any income things are a little tight in Chucktown.

Foss and Shankle are always there, although I think Shankle actually helps run it with Rick F.

Gene for Deleware usually shows up and has nice stuff.

Cant remember any other dealers names names

I need to go up to one to check it out. Except for a couple of one day shows I did when I bought out someone's store inventory in NJ, it has been 10 years since I have done any shows. I am starting to get the bug again and need to go through all my stuff to set up a show stock. Sadly enough I probably have a better group of material than I have ever had but getting motivated to do a show, especiall a small show is pretty tough.

Welcome to NC, Chris!

Sorry Whomerjay, I just got back in to town Monday night, so staying put in Raleigh for the next little while. Thanks for the invite, though!

Foss and Shankle are always there, although I think Shankle actually helps run it with Rick F.

Foss has been to every one i've attended. Hinson will be there. Shankle & Rick run things. Nick will be there in all likelihood - tall black dude, nice as the day is long - Earl will likely be there, as will Shelton and my LCS (rebel base comics).

there are a couple other dudes - the one guy that has all his boxed books in non-taped mylars, thus making it nigh impossible to browse - and the guy with the five or six ridiculously sweet GA books up at the front of the room that are too pricey for me, so you would need to ask rahigh their names, as he travels within that rarified air.

then there are the four or five irregulars that come to blow out personal collections, TPBs and the like

Foss has been to every one i've attended. Hinson will be there. Shankle & Rick run things. Nick will be there in all likelihood - tall black dude, nice as the day is long - Earl will likely be there, as will Shelton and my LCS (rebel base comics).

there are a couple other dudes - the one guy that has all his boxed books in non-taped mylars, thus making it nigh impossible to browse - and the guy with the five or six ridiculously sweet GA books up at the front of the room that are too pricey for me, so you would need to ask rahigh their names, as he travels within that rarified air.

then there are the four or five irregulars that come to blow out personal collections, TPBs and the like

Dave Hinson and Rick run this show.

So far me, sundog, chrisco37. Anyone else? Perhaps we can grab some lunch at 12:30 (?), meet at the entrance table right outside the room? I'll will be wearing blue sweatpants and prob a gray t-shirt.

Dave Hinson and Rick run this show.

foreheadslap.gif

i also forgot your two buddies...Apocalypse? i can't remember their names atm

news.gif

Here is the dealer list

Shelton Drum - Heroes

Chris Foss - Heroes and Dragons

Rebel Base comics

A Pennyworths comics

David Burns

David Shankle

Earl Shaw

Banks Robinson - Comic Whiz comics

Gene Carpenter - All American comics

Chad Hudson Joe Todd - Apokalips Comics

Jerald Garner - Super Giant comics

Roger Mannon

Bill Anfin - Walkin Willie comics

Steve Smith - Comics Express

Paul Zaremba and Mark Bowers

George Hampton - Excalibur Comics

David Hunter

Nick Hinson

Fran Sievers and

David Hinson

Hope to see all you guys there

Mention you saw it on the CGC boards and I'll let you in free

news.gif

Here is the dealer list

Shelton Drum - Heroes

Chris Foss - Heroes and Dragons

Rebel Base comics

A Pennyworths comics

David Burns

David Shankle

Earl Shaw

Banks Robinson - Comic Whiz comics

Gene Carpenter - All American comics

Chad Hudson Joe Todd - Apokalips Comics

Jerald Garner - Super Giant comics

Roger Mannon

Bill Anfin - Walkin Willie comics

Steve Smith - Comics Express

Paul Zaremba and Mark Bowers

George Hampton - Excalibur Comics

David Hunter

Nick Hinson

Fran Sievers and

David Hinson

Hope to see all you guys there

Mention you saw it on the CGC boards and I'll let you in free

THose who know-

who has the best GA inventory priced to move? Looking primarily for GGA or cool covers be it in horror, sci-fi, romance, crime, or whatever (a al the Skybolts GGA thread). I already know Chris Foss, and met Shankle at the big Charlotte Con, so I will be visiting them. Unfortunately I burn out quickly at shows and it helps if I can ID the right dealers in the beginning.

i didnt think i was going till around noon..my brotherinlaw talked me into going..diddnt have to much fundage due to a seatbelt ticket this week. ...it was a decent one day show.lots of stuff to chose from.....i only thought it was held once a year but i see they are doing it again november 12th ill be going to that one for sure (as long as the po po doesnt mess with my comic funds)