• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unpublished Miller Daredevil cover wanted

44 posts in this topic

joe, do you have access to that "life size" cardboard figure promo Marvel did in the mid-70's? i think that might be the Wolvie one...i'll see if i can dig one up in the meantime

joe, do you have access to that "life size" cardboard figure promo Marvel did in the mid-70's?

Nope, I think I used to have a scan, but it might have been left on my old PC.

i found one with Spider-Man, but it's not the one i remember. of course, if anyone's counting on my memory, they should immediately punch themselves right in the face

Ghost Rider by Gil Kane from cover of Gh Rider v. 2 #25 30c cover price. I could swear that Sub-mariner is from the glossy centerfold insert to FF #128 20c cover price. Clue might be that all the stats are from 20c to 30c cover priced BA Marvel covers or INTERIORS. tongue.gif

Captain Marvel - Captain Marvel 29 cover

Storm

Falcon - Captain America 171 cover

Black Widow - Daredevil 103 cover

Phoenix - X-Men 101 cover

Angel

Beast - Avengers 144

Doctor Strange

Nova

Nighthawk - logo from MTU 33

Sub-Mariner - FF 128 centerfold?

Daredevil

Ghost Rider - Ghost Rider 25 cover

Iceman

Cyclops

Hellcat -

Silver Surfer - Int. from early Defenders issue?

Iron Fist - Iron Fist promo art piece

Hawkeye

Banshee - X-Men 102 interior panel

Hercules - Champions 1 cover

Nick Fury

Nightcrawler

Luke Cage

Moondragon

Shang Chi - cover logo (1977)

Black Panther - Captain America 171 cover

Valkyrie - Defenders Annual 1

Spider-Woman

Colossus - GSXM 1 cover

that Storm looks like it came from an interior panel of 102 (iirc) after they blast the side of the castle open and she flies out

that Storm looks like it came from an interior panel of 102 (iirc) after they blast the side of the castle open and she flies out

I just noticed that it *wasn't* from GS X-Men #1 (as stated earlier) and the panel is actually from X-Men 103:

1312737-storm.jpg

1312737-storm.jpg.fd755b479a3122915365bac22b395383.jpg

I just noticed that it *wasn't* from GS X-Men #1 (as stated earlier) and the panel is actually from X-Men 103:

1312737-storm.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

that's the one i was thinking of. couldn't remember if it was 102 or 103.

one more down! good work

Here you go. It was actually the cover to DD#167, and the Child's Play story was actually the first issue of DD that Miller wrote. But the Comics Code Authority apparently had some problems with the issue and it got bumped for a couple of years until it was finally published in issues 183 and 184. IIRC, the actual original art pages to issue #183 bear the issue number of #167. Issue #184 pages are numbered 184, however, which tells me that the story got rejected before he could finish the art for #184.

dd167-unpub.jpg

Fellow collectors,

I am looking for an image of the unpublished alternate cover to Daredevil #183 Child's Play. It has DD battling Punisher in the background & a little girl playing with angel dust in the foreground. I already searched my back issues of the Comic Reader circa June, 1982 which was the comic's cover date but could not find it.

Cover was drawn by Frank Miller, inks by Klaus Janson. I already searched yahoo.images and found nada.

I may have seen the b/w image in a Comics Journal or Amazing Heroes magazine. If u can provide a scan or the magazines issue #, it would be greatly appreciated.

In the meantime, enjoy this bronze age Marvel cover that u wished u had in your collection:

unpublished1.jpg

Here you go. It was actually the cover to DD#167, and the Child's Play story was actually the first issue of DD that Miller wrote. But the Comics Code Authority apparently had some problems with the issue and it got bumped for a couple of years until it was finally published in issues 183 and 184. IIRC, the actual original art pages to issue #183 bear the issue number of #167. Issue #184 pages are numbered 184, however, which tells me that the story got rejected before he could finish the art for #184.

dd167-unpub.jpg

Fellow collectors,

I am looking for an image of the unpublished alternate cover to Daredevil #183 Child's Play. It has DD battling Punisher in the background & a little girl playing with angel dust in the foreground. I already searched my back issues of the Comic Reader circa June, 1982 which was the comic's cover date but could not find it.

Cover was drawn by Frank Miller, inks by Klaus Janson. I already searched yahoo.images and found nada.

I may have seen the b/w image in a Comics Journal or Amazing Heroes magazine. If u can provide a scan or the magazines issue #, it would be greatly appreciated.

In the meantime, enjoy this bronze age Marvel cover that u wished u had in your collection:

unpublished1.jpg

hail.gif

dd167-unpub.jpg

Fellow collectors,

unpublished1.jpg

Nice find FFB... where did you find this? I'd like to see more of these unpublished covers as they are usually interesting and I just saw a Marvel Spotlight 2nd series unpublished cover in an Amazing Heroes issue while I was searching for the DD cover.

Nice find FFB... where did you find this? I'd like to see more of these unpublished covers as they are usually interesting and I just saw a Marvel Spotlight 2nd series unpublished cover in an Amazing Heroes issue while I was searching for the DD cover.

http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/259/

My favorite has got to be the rejected cover for Wonder Woman 96. The humor fits the Joker very well.

When aardvark88 mentioned that he had seen it in the squarebound book that compiled all of the Comics Journal interviews of Frank Miller, I remembered that I had that book and checked. He was right; it was in there.

This is the book he was talking about. Essential reading for any Frank Miller diehard fan.