• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unpublished Miller Daredevil cover wanted

44 posts in this topic

Fellow collectors,

I am looking for an image of the unpublished alternate cover to Daredevil #183 Child's Play. It has DD battling Punisher in the background & a little girl playing with angel dust in the foreground. I already searched my back issues of the Comic Reader circa June, 1982 which was the comic's cover date but could not find it.

Cover was drawn by Frank Miller, inks by Klaus Janson. I already searched yahoo.images and found nada.

I may have seen the b/w image in a Comics Journal or Amazing Heroes magazine. If u can provide a scan or the magazines issue #, it would be greatly appreciated.

In the meantime, enjoy this bronze age Marvel cover that u wished u had in your collection:

unpublished1.jpg

Fellow collectors,

I am looking for an image of the unpublished alternate cover to Daredevil #183 Child's Play. It has DD battling Punisher in the background & a little girl playing with angel dust in the foreground. I already searched my back issues of the Comic Reader circa June, 1982 which was the comic's cover date but could not find it.

Cover was drawn by Frank Miller, inks by Klaus Janson. I already searched yahoo.images and found nada.

I may have seen the b/w image in a Comics Journal or Amazing Heroes magazine. If u can provide a scan or the magazines issue #, it would be greatly appreciated.

In the meantime, enjoy this bronze age Marvel cover that u wished u had in your collection:

unpublished1.jpg

no idea about the DD cover, but it would be fun to try and figure out where all the stats came from on that OA. the Captain Marvel's obviously #29, Iron Fist is from that title's logo box, Pheonix is from X-Men 101, and Colossus is from GSXM 1...

but it would be fun to try and figure out where all the stats came from on that OA.

Post a larger image and let's find out!!

I'm pretty sure Hercules is from Champions #1 and Beast is fron Avengers 144. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anyone have the large squarebound Comics Journal special that reprints all the Journal's interviews with Frank Miller? Perhaps it has a b/w pic of the rejected DD (vs Punisher) #183 Child's Play/angel dust cover.

Here's a larger pic of the 30c cover. Think Storm is from front cover of Gt Sz X-men #1 (1975).

Name all the source material for the cover stats & collect No Prize from Stv Borock at the San Diego Comic-con dinner, fanboy. 893applaud-thumb.gif

unpublished2.jpg

Anyone have the large squarebound Comics Journal special that reprints all the Journal's interviews with Frank Miller? Perhaps it has a b/w pic of the rejected DD (vs Punisher) #183 Child's Play/angel dust cover.

Here's a larger pic of the 30c cover. Think Storm is from front cover of Gt Sz X-men #1 (1975).

Name all the source material for the cover stats & collect No Prize from Stv Borock at the San Diego Comic-con dinner, fanboy. 893applaud-thumb.gif

unpublished2.jpg

okay so here is the list;

Captain Marvel - Captain Marvel 29 cover

Storm

Falcon

Black Widow

Phoenix - X-Men 101 cover

Angel

Beast - Avengers 144

Doctor Strange

Nova

Nighthawk

Sub-Mariner

Daredevil

Ghost Rider

Iceman

Cyclops

Hellcat - foreheadslap.gif

Silver Surfer

Iron Fist - Iron Fist logo

Hawkeye

Banshee

Hercules - Champions 1 cover

Nick Fury

Nightcrawler

Luke Cage

Moondragon

Shang Chi

Black Panther

Valkyrie - Defenders Annual 1

Spider-Woman

Colossus - GSXM 1 cover

suprising Cap and Spidey aren't on there

I think Hellcat is from the interior of Avengers #144 when she was first introduced.

I thought that too, but it's not the same.

me three, that's why there's a graemlin beside her name

Captain Marvel - Captain Marvel 29 cover

Storm

Falcon

Black Widow - Daredevil 103 cover

Phoenix - X-Men 101 cover

Angel

Beast - Avengers 144

Doctor Strange

Nova

Nighthawk - logo from MTU 33

Sub-Mariner

Daredevil

Ghost Rider - Ghost Rider 25 cover

Iceman

Cyclops

Hellcat -

Silver Surfer

Iron Fist - Iron Fist logo

Hawkeye

Banshee

Hercules - Champions 1 cover

Nick Fury

Nightcrawler

Luke Cage

Moondragon

Shang Chi - cover logo (1977)

Black Panther

Valkyrie - Defenders Annual 1

Spider-Woman

Colossus - GSXM 1 cover

This is tougher than I imagined. Think Silver Surfer is by J Buscema but from which issue of series 1, I have no idea.

The running Cyclops may be from Gt Sz X-men 1.

Sub-mariner by Sal Buscema from an early issue of Defenders?

Must fortify my mind with more Coco-Puffs:

cereal1.jpg

Banshee: X-Men 102

1312123-banshee.jpg

holy craap nice catch!

i swear that Wolverine and Nightcrawler is a promo ad Marvel used to run. i just can't place it for the life of me

holy craap nice catch!

If I've read it, I can usually recall it.

The Cyclops one is killing me, as I know it's an early New XMen issue, but I'm still trying to locate it. Something about that Power-man is familiar as well. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif