• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey, Somebody named kingofrulers bought a FF #1 on ebay last night!

32 posts in this topic

Looks to me like the three open edges of that book were trimmed with a pair of scissors...just so you know what you're getting into (from reading the auction, I'm guessing there's a no return policy in force). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I didn't want to be the first to point this out, but I wholeheartedly agree. grin.gif

It obviously needs to be sent in for a "full treatment" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

By this grade trimming is irrelavent. Its just the same type of damage had it been chipping along the edges. juggle.gif I am just slightly concerned about the back cover. Haven't seen it yet.

And I say thee nay to full treatment. yeahok.gif

KOR, Glad you got a book you wanted. thumbsup2.gif

Trimming issues aside, might I ask if the book is complete? You say you have not seen the back cover, this concerns me. Did you speak with the seller about the book before bidding, and if so what was said about it?

I am just nosey, and curious.

Thnx

Ze-

Thanks for the comments Ze-man. Truth be known I got this book primarily to sell at the next CON. blush.gif I do want to own my own personal copy in the future, but not ready for one right now. I have an X-men, TOS and JIM run to complete first (X-men is getting close to complete) yay.gif. Anyway, I am hoping to put an attractive price on the book as it is just one step to a much bigger book I have my eye on. hail.gif I am not able to buy my goal book straight cash, so I have to try and work my way up to it. cloud9.gif I certainly don't mind having this book around until it sells though. headbang.gif

Anyway, I actually didn't see the auction until it had about 2 hours left and it was about 12 am at the time. I didn't even bother to send a question. He seems to be a very reputable seller, and his grade was a 1.8 which I agree with as the grade. I figured that being a 1.8 it has to be complete since that is one of the major guidelines of a 1.8.

Congratulations on winning a FF #1!! I bought mine last year from a fellow forumite. Like you, I didn't think I'd ever own one. Still hard to believe, but I'll get used to it.... grin.gif Congratulations!!!!

P.S. Don't sell it.

By this grade trimming is irrelavent. Its just the same type of damage had it been chipping along the edges. juggle.gif I am just slightly concerned about the back cover. Haven't seen it yet.

And I say thee nay to full treatment. yeahok.gif

If the book is trimmed, then you should consider getting the tape removed. That's what I'd do.