• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanted: Marvel Mystery 4, 9, 15.

22 posts in this topic

Greetings,

Looking to buy Marvel Mystery issues 4, 9 and 15. Prefer mid to low grade. Not really interested in FA or below. No real beaters, or brittle pages. Must be complete. Restoration is fine.

Thanks.

Call Harley Yee, he just got 320 Timely books in. Really worth a shot that he'd have those numbers in acceptable grade.

If you're going to San Diego, get to his booth ASAP.

Best,

Marc

Thanks. I did contact him though. He had a 4, but it was trimmed. He had no #9. His 15 was also trimmed.

I appreciate the tip though.

Being trying to find a #9 for years. Last one I saw was a beat up, tape covered 2.0 that went for $3,600. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Did you just get Human Torch 12 from Harley?

Nope. Not me.

Did you just get Human Torch 12 from Harley?

Nope. Not me.

I hit reply to Silver Surfer's message so it was directed to him. flowerred.gif

That was my second choice but I went with the Canadian copy of Captain America Comics #74 first as it is much harder to find than a Torch #12.

Being trying to find a #9 for years. Last one I saw was a beat up, tape covered 2.0 that went for $3,600. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Yikes! That's insane.

I was the underbidder. frown.gif Would have been worth the coin because I don't think it will be losing its value any time soon, a true classic. cloud9.gif

auction15-345.jpg

I just had a though reading this thread.

If people are trimming low grade issues like the ones mentioned here, it seems that there will be a spike in price as they become harder to find with no work done on them.

Since trimming is destruction I can imagine a time when it will be extremely difficult to find examples that have been left alone.

If people are trimming low grade issues like the ones mentioned here, it seems that there will be a spike in price as they become harder to find with no work done on them.

Since trimming is destruction I can imagine a time when it will be extremely difficult to find examples that have been left alone.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH you'll drive up the price. 893naughty-thumb.gif

True but why would anyone trim this copy, its not going to help the grade?

Harley sent me the whole list with his grading notes. A number of the early Marvel Mysteries were noted to be from bound volumes. The list is at work I can post the details tomorrow if your interested.