• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Hammer creator, Timely contributor Mickey Spillane died

2 posts in this topic

One of the most entertaining comic panels I ever attended was at the Chicago Comicon. The Panel included Mickey Spillane, Frank Miller, Max Allan Collins, and I believe Neil Gaiman.

This is when he was penning his comic book Mickey Spillane's Mike Danger for Big Entertainment. Mickey regaled the audience with a lot of great stories about the biz, and his experiences as a writer doing I the Jury and other classics. What was so cool was how much respect Frank, Max, and Neil gave him and how he just mesmerized the audience. I mean, here was the guy who practically defined hard-nosed detective pulp fiction in the mainstream with some of the top comic writers of the day. An all-star lineup to be sure. If anybody has a tape of that somewhere I'd love to get a listen to it.

He was one-of-a-kind and will be missed.