• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sinbad

36 posts in this topic

Remember those Sinbad comics MARVEL put out?

Remember the DELL 7th Voyage of Sinbad comic?

Well the reason I mention these books is because of the new movie coming out next year. 8th Voyage Of Sinbad starring Keanu Reeves as Sinbad. You think a new interest in Sinbad may spark? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Time to send in those Sinbad books to be graded.

i thought Sinbad was Persian. and thus it would be advisable to avoid such a thread

poke2.gif

I thought modern Iraq was part of ye old Persia?

Bad education on my part and lack of motivation to check Wikipedia casting a shadow of self doubt?? 893whatthe.gif

i thought Sinbad was Persian. and thus it would be advisable to avoid such a thread

poke2.gif

Bad education on my part and lack of motivation to check Wikipedia casting a shadow of self doubt?? 893whatthe.gif

no, you were right, Sinbad is from Baghdad, i was just messing with you

poke2.gif

Seriously though I do seem to remember reading an article about the movie marketing people wanting to downplay Sinbad's Iraq heritage to make it more palatable to the western market which had some resonance with the recent Superman movie and the movie marketing people wanting to downplay Superman's American heritage to make it more palatable to the international market.

poke2.gif

Seriously though I do seem to remember reading an article about the movie marketing people wanting to downplay Sinbad's Iraq heritage to make it more palatable to the international market which had some resonance with the recent Superman movie and the movie marketing people wanting to downplay Superman's American heritage to make it more palatable to the western market.

well, they are casting keanu reeves for the role. i suppose we can be happy they didn't give the part to Owen Wilson or the like

Has Owen Wilson become the new Keanu Reeves? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

no, he's just the first youngish blonde, blue-eyed actor i could come up with

The ONLY good Sinbad movies (tongue-in-cheek) are the one from 1958 'The 7th Voyage of Sinbad' AND even better are the two put out in the 70s:

1974 'The Golden Voyage of Sinbad' Starring John Philip Law as Sinbad; Caroline Munro 893scratchchin-thumb.gif; and none other than the REAL Dr. Who himself...Tom Baker! thumbsup2.gif

1977 'Sinbad and The Eye of The Tiger' Starring Patrick Wayne as Sinbad and Jane Seymour 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I'll admit that this one is a bit hokey, but I like 'em all. thumbsup2.gif

I don't know about Maxim rating him, but his stand-up was always funny...

I remember sitting in the Galleria Mall in Dallas smoking a cigarette (back when you could smoke in malls) and I saw Sinbad walk by. This was in the middle of the week and he was dressed in a T-shirt, spandex shorts to his knees and tennis shoes.

You could tell that he normally wore spandex down to the middle of his shins because, no joke, he was darker from the middle of his shins to his foot and light from the middle up to his knees.

He was walking along dressed like that with a guy that was weird a suit, tie and sun glasses.

I kinda waved at him as he passed and he just nodded his head and flashed a smile cause I had recognized him.