• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sinbad

36 posts in this topic

Yeah, another stunningly brilliant idea from Hollyweird makepoint.gif make a film about an Arab hero at a time when we're on the verge of War with the Arabs in the Middle east tonofbricks.gif

Great minds at these studios,...truly myopic confused-smiley-013.gif

at least they know how to do one thing well, LOSE $$$ over and over again 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i thought Sinbad was Persian. and thus it would be advisable to avoid such a thread

poke2.gif

I thought modern Iraq was part of ye old Persia?

Bad education on my part and lack of motivation to check Wikipedia casting a shadow of self doubt?? 893whatthe.gif

Iran was ancient Persia. Iraq was ancient Mesopotamia.

Remember those Sinbad comics MARVEL put out?

Remember the DELL 7th Voyage of Sinbad comic?

Well the reason I mention these books is because of the new movie coming out next year. 8th Voyage Of Sinbad starring Keanu Reeves as Sinbad. You think a new interest in Sinbad may spark? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Time to send in those Sinbad books to be graded.

OMG, I've been wanting another Sinbad movie to come out for so long now...but now I need to go puke...Keanu Reeves as Sinbad? tonofbricks.gif

The ONLY good Sinbad movies (tongue-in-cheek) are the one from 1958 'The 7th Voyage of Sinbad' AND even better are the two put out in the 70s:

1974 'The Golden Voyage of Sinbad' Starring John Philip Law as Sinbad; Caroline Munro 893scratchchin-thumb.gif; and none other than the REAL Dr. Who himself...Tom Baker! thumbsup2.gif

1977 'Sinbad and The Eye of The Tiger' Starring Patrick Wayne as Sinbad and Jane Seymour 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I'll admit that this one is a bit hokey, but I like 'em all. thumbsup2.gif

I got this box set. My all-time favorite was "Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger". Always loved that one. Another good one similar to the Sinbad movies was "Jason and the Argonauts".

Anyone remember the aweful Lou Ferrigno Sinbad movie boo.gif

This one?

Sinbad.gif

27_laughing.gif Wasn't he just rated the worst all-time comedian by Maxim magazine?

As bad as he was this guy was even worse! foreheadslap.gif

1318754-Emo.jpg

That's bad you guys are dogging out one of the funniest stand-ups I have ever seen...

Afros and BellBottoms is a classic that still brings tears to my eyes.

If you haven't seen this, try to hold yourselves from throwing any more

tomatoes at him until you do.

118493.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

The ONLY good Sinbad movies (tongue-in-cheek) are the one from 1958 'The 7th Voyage of Sinbad' AND even better are the two put out in the 70s:

1974 'The Golden Voyage of Sinbad' Starring John Philip Law as Sinbad; Caroline Munro ; and none other than the REAL Dr. Who himself...Tom Baker!

1977 'Sinbad and The Eye of The Tiger' Starring Patrick Wayne as Sinbad and Jane Seymour I'll admit that this one is a bit hokey, but I like 'em all.

Ray Harryhausen rocks! thumbsup2.gif

Jason and the Argonauts & Clash Of The Titans, not Sinbad movies, but those are great too. Love that stop-motion stuff.

Jason and the Argonauts & Clash Of The Titans, not Sinbad movies, but those are great too. Love that stop-motion stuff.

As a kid raised on Harryhausen flicks, I thought Clash of the Titans was dreadful. The others has some semblance of a good story. Goofy in some plaves but solid overall. Clash, when I saw it in the theater, was boring as hell. Can't say the same for his earlier movies. Not Harry's fault but I was very disappointed...

The mechanical owl was the worst...

Jim

1974 'The Golden Voyage of Sinbad' Starring John Philip Law as Sinbad; Caroline Munro 893scratchchin-thumb.gif; and none other than the REAL Dr. Who himself...Tom Baker! thumbsup2.gif

1977 'Sinbad and The Eye of The Tiger' Starring Patrick Wayne as Sinbad and Jane Seymour 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I'll admit that this one is a bit hokey, but I like 'em all. thumbsup2.gif

I got this box set. My all-time favorite was "Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger". Always loved that one. Another good one similar to the Sinbad movies was "Jason and the Argonauts".

Anyone remember the aweful Lou Ferrigno Sinbad movie boo.gif

Feh! That was SO frickin' bad it's not even funny. mad.gif

i thought Sinbad was Persian. and thus it would be advisable to avoid such a thread

poke2.gif

I thought modern Iraq was part of ye old Persia?

Bad education on my part and lack of motivation to check Wikipedia casting a shadow of self doubt?? 893whatthe.gif

no, you were right, Sinbad is from Baghdad, i was just messing with you

Iran used to be ye olde Persia.

Am I a geography expert? Heck no. My very hot Iranian friend Purrs Zhapune told me so.

Signed,

Duncan Sachs

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a kid raised on Harryhausen flicks, I thought Clash of the Titans was dreadful. The others has some semblance of a good story. Goofy in some plaves but solid overall. Clash, when I saw it in the theater, was boring as hell. Can't say the same for his earlier movies. Not Harry's fault but I was very disappointed...

Jim

Don't pick on poor little Bubo.

But your right. I'd say the Medusa and Kraken made that movie worth watching. Oh and the bath scene. Can anyone say "stand-in".

Quote:

Jim

But your right. I'd say the Medusa and Kraken made that movie worth watching. Oh and the bath scene. Can anyone say "stand-in".

Yeah gone are the days we we'd get to see some 893censored-thumb.gif in PG movies! insane.gif

Quote:

Jim

Yeah gone are the days we we'd get to see some 893censored-thumb.gif in PG movies! insane.gif

Yeah, Jessica Lange in King Kong, and even the strip joint scene in Flash Dance. tongue.gif

I remember being disappointed when my friend and I went to go see the Island of Dr. Moreau. I think the play time was listed wrong in the paper so we were stuck at the mall without a ride. Instead we saw First Kid starring Sinbad. That movie was probably better than the Island of Dr. Moreau and even has a higher rating on IMDB. tongue.gif