• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Mile High modern comics are selling for WAY over guide?

26 posts in this topic

The teaser in the latest Tales from the Database in CBG has a line at the end where Chuck writes that the next installment will be about modern comics (last 10 years of so I'd say based on the current commentary) that are priced significantly above guide at Mile High.

Anyone care to make some predictions about what is going to show up on the list? It could be interesting to make up a list and see how it compares with the list that Chuck highlights.

Ok, this is an easy one: ALL OF THEM. Especially if we're talking about Chuck!

Is there anyone else out there that kinda shakes their head and rolls their eyes when they read Chuck's 'TFTDB' stories, like he's the most altruistic businessman/scholar/Smithsonian Institution/best thing to ever happen to comic collectors? I mean, sure, the stories are interesting and fairly well-written, but if you'd ever had dealings with Chuck's "wife's" Alternate Realities days like I have, you'd know that he can talk out of several sides of his mouth at once.

Whoooops - sorry for the rant! Guess this is what happens when I haven't had the morning coffee or the 'boards' for a day 893offtopic1.gifrantpost.gif

And while we're off-topic, does anyone know whatever happened to the legendary EDGEMAN from the 90's? (since Valiantman & Joe C's lively banter sparked memories of his old ads in my mind). 893offtopic1.gif

Is there anyone else out there that kinda shakes their head and rolls their eyes when they read Chuck's 'TFTDB' stories, like he's the most altruistic businessman/scholar/Smithsonian Institution/best thing to ever happen to comic collectors? I mean, sure, the stories are interesting and fairly well-written, but if you'd ever had dealings with Chuck's "wife's" Alternate Realities days like I have, you'd know that he can talk out of several sides of his mouth at once.

Yes - me.

I really got infuriated when I read about the MHII collection and how he portrayed the guy that he bought it from as a hard core drug user/pusher/dealer who desperately needed money and was attempting to sell questionably procured goods. Chuck's BS is not worth your time.

DAM

Come on, guys...isn't it OBVIOUS what's going on here?

If every comic book ever created can be turned into a movie,

it's only a matter of time before there's a movie about Chuck!

He's working on scenes and character development...gotta sell that -script, baby!

And while we're off-topic, does anyone know whatever happened to the legendary EDGEMAN from the 90's? (since Valiantman & Joe C's lively banter sparked memories of his old ads in my mind). 893offtopic1.gif

I remember those ads in CBG. As I recall he kept offering to buy Valiants for what were insane prices. Then just disappeared (along with Valiant). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I remember those ads in CBG. As I recall he kept offering to buy Valiants for what were insane prices. Then just disappeared (along with Valiant). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actually EDGEMAN is still very much alive and well... and is a dominant force in the card business, both sports and gaming...

The difference is that they went completely wholesale, and no longer sell to hobbyists, just to retailers. They still pay insane prices for stuff that's hot (frequently above what it fetches on eBay). And they are one of the very few places that will buy any boxes you have no matter what they are, anytime.

EDGEMAN