• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man, I didn't realize how much time I spend here...

67 posts in this topic

During the forum downtime, I had my best weekend in a while. Sat. evening set up a few eBay ads. Sunday went to an antique collectibles show, washed the car & vacuumed the house all b4 dinner. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I know what you mean. I had a great Sunday, and am finding the only thing this forum is good for is verbally sparring with neandrathals and raising my blood pressure.

Did you spend any time seeing if my damned money order showed up?

Brian

Showed up Saturday... but I think you got your envelopes mixed up, because along with the money order there was a love letter to Bugaboo... blush.gif

When I saw it was down Saturday night, I remembered that several times Arch had waited until Monday morning to answer PMs or ban people, so I figured they don't work on weekends shocked.gif and suspected they'd be down all day Sunday. Tried again Sunday afternoon, still down, so I let it go until today.

Welcome to the wonderful world of computers and admins who actually have lives. smile.gifstooges.gif

It got so bad over the weekend that I spent all day yesterday trolling the eBay comics boards with my alias... frown.gif

Best part of it was I got to spend more time with my family and all 3 of us went to a Barbecue because it was so nice out.

During the forum downtime, I had my best weekend in a while. Sat. evening set up a few eBay ads. Sunday went to an antique collectibles show, washed the car & vacuumed the house all b4 dinner. 893applaud-thumb.gif

So you RESTORED YOUR CAR!?!?! So now does it have to have a purple license plate?

So you RESTORED YOUR CAR!?!?! So now does it have to have a purple license plate?

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Purple license plate 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I was working all day yesterday and with no boards to read and post on... the day went by like molasses... thankfully I left for 4 or 5 hours. I never thought I'd miss reading the boards as much as I did... and that was only one day.

Highlight of my day Sunday was seeing "Down With Love" at the theater... and I haven't been that pleased with a film in quite a while.

I think you have to be in the right mood to enjoy this film (since I have read a few reviews panning it). If you're in the mood for something spicy, fettucine alfredo just won't cut it no matter how good it is. So seeing this movie as a second choice to 2 Fast 2 Furious would be a horrible idea. But I must say, I enjoyed every minute. The story succeeded in being both timeless and current. The dialogue was sharp. The lighting and the cinematography enhanced the retro feel without overwhelming it. The 'phone' scene was wonderfully silly, and Renée Zellweger's one-take monologue near the end was spectacular.

I've got "2 Fast", "T3", "Hulk", and "LXG" on my must-see list for the summer. But I am so happy Hollywood also finds time to make movies like this one... smile.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Purple license plate 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Don't laugh. Greggy has a purple license plate, though for entirely different reasons... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

In my province, I have a hi-grade blue labelled BC driver's license plate. No comment on greggy's special ride. 27_laughing.gif893whatthe.gif

Send your own books down to CGC....FOOL!

Now...who has the friggin' power now? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

In my province, I have a hi-grade blue labelled BC driver's license plate. No comment on greggy's special ride. 27_laughing.gif893whatthe.gif

Why? What are you wanting to plug in??? 893whatthe.gif

Something to stimulate Jess with, as you sure can't! Now blow me again!

When I got home from the cottage last night, I decided to check out the forum to see what I "missed". I must have tried to "sign on" a hundred times. 893frustrated.gif The term "withdrawal" is somewhat of an understatement. It's fun to shoot the [!@#%^&^] about comics smirk.gif By the way......How was everybody's weekend?

I saw 2 fast 2 furious smile.gif

Of course, I'm a insufficiently_thoughtful_person for bringing a girl to it thinking they'd enjoy it.

"Hey look honey, cars!!"

"Yeah..great..cars.."

Brian

Something to stimulate Jess with, as you sure can't! Now blow me again!

Well, she enjoys jazz music... so you're plugging in a CD player?? Whew! Here I thought you were going to plug in one of your "special Greggy toys" so you can play "magician" again!

I saw 2 fast 2 furious

Of course, I'm a insufficiently_thoughtful_person for bringing a girl to it thinking they'd enjoy it.

"Hey look honey, cars!!"

"Yeah..great..cars.."

Yeah at least the first one had plenty of Vin Diesel for girls to ogle. Although why women spend so much time fawning over gay men is beyond me...

Brian, make it up to your girl, take her to "Down With Love"... if she doesn't laugh hysterically a dozen times you've got the wrong girl...

I didn't realize Vin Diesel was gay? Wow, LH you subscribing to Homosexual Weekly or something? tongue.gif

I already got dragged to some crappy movie a month or two ago, that one with Sandra Bullock? Good god I can't stand those movies.

Brian