• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not Another Market Crash Thread....

198 posts in this topic

Ummm...is that the "Death of Pheonix" issue... 893frustrated.gif

No, it's been renamed the "Death of Comicinvestor" issue now. It's what happens when you make up stories and post them in a place where people actually have facts that dispute said stories. CI’s getting as bad as Hammer/BlackShotsy when it comes to weaving a tangled web.

I sold a CGC 9.8 White 137 for $380. I think that was probably the highest price paid for that book, but I'm not sure.

I think you may be correct. I do remember a 9.8 copy selling for around $255.

I have data from Feb 2001 through April 2002 for X-men 137 in 9.6 and 9.8

Go back to 2000 and you'll see some whacky sales. Or just break open some Wizards and see what I'm talking about.

I almost choked when I saw that X-Men 137 CGC 9.4's routinely sold for over $100 in 2000. 893whatthe.gif

Do you really think, after the abuse I've taken in these threads, that I'd post anything for you lamers?

I think the better question is:

No, it's been renamed the "Death of Comicinvestor" issue now. It's what happens when you make up stories and post them in a place where people actually have facts that dispute said stories.

Funny, I don't see anyone disputing that two techies approached me on Saturday, looking to sucker me into buying their over-priced CGC comics? That happened.

What I do see is a bunch of little children tossing around insults like candy and acting like a bunch of spoiled brats.

Good job of "disputing the facts" you simp.

Keep trying to insult me, harrass me, and belittle every little thing I post on here. I don't need to justify myself to someone who is so obviously beneath me, so keep acting like the little kid you are, banner.

Oh yeah, that goes double for his gang of little rascals. You time-frozen, mal-adjusted urchins crack me up.

If I posted their sell lists, you would all laugh and call them stupid speculators, gman would spam me with low-ball bids, others would offer market rate and I'd waste a ton of time saying "no thanks". So no, I won't be posting any list or letting you yank my chain into wasting anymore time with this.

I'm sorry to hear that JC, because I figured that a great place for them to sell CGC-graded books would be on the CGC Comic Book forums...silly me! 893frustrated.gif

You're one luck guy CI! I mean, it's simply incredible the number of coincidences you run across in your daily life that you can use to support many of your theories and various controversial positions. And now you've come across two guys that you actually work with that could serve as poster children for what you've been ranting about here for over a year!

"Both of these guys used to be collectors...blew off their collections on the early 90's...lured back in with the CGC hype...wanting my help in "divesting" these books from their "portfolio"...bought at the apex...hip-deep in discounted books at current market prices....two guys with a few thousand tied up in CGC comics..."

Man, these guys couldn't have been more perfect if you made them up...I guess sometimes FACT really is stranger than FICTION! Or is it? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

LMAO!! grin.gif27_laughing.gif

Keep trying to insult me, harrass me, and belittle every little thing I post on here. I don't need to justify myself to someone who is so obviously beneath me, so keep acting like the little kid you are, banner.

Oh yeah, that goes double for his gang of little rascals. You time-frozen, mal-adjusted urchins crack me up.

I want to personally thank you for this thread JC....

I have no opinion whatsoever on the CGC-techies... but after a day without these boards, this thread is like a big comfy chair with duct tape on the armrests...

I want to personally thank you for this thread JC....

I have no opinion whatsoever on the CGC-techies... but after a day without these boards, this thread is like a big comfy chair with duct tape on the armrests...

sumo.gifinsane.gif What he said!

gman would spam me with low-ball bids

i love how i get tossed under the bus....... 27_laughing.gif

You missed the word 'salad' there buddy...

Unfortunately in your current incarnation you've failed to bring anything new to your song and dance.

I think it's pretty obvious what's going on. I post a pretty innocent question, but a certain "sector" of the forum members autonatically berate and insult anyone who isn't placing CGC in a positive light. They're on a "We Must Keep the Forums Clean" bent, for personal or financial reasons.

This is humorous on many levels, as many of my co-workers were speculating in comics in the 1990's. In fact, I used to drive some University buds down to the comic shop to pick up comics and cards, and these guys hadn't been actively buying since they were kids.

Money always brings them in like flies, and I find it bizarre that 25-35 year old collectors who got out in the 1990's is something of an anomaly in banner's mind, when where I come from, they far outnumber the current collector base.

And that some of these same people would actually (gasp) buy into the early CGC hoopla and (choke) might be looking to sell off their books is pure balderdash, worthy of a tongue-lashing. I get offered everything from Stars Wars figures to Wayne Gretzky rookie cards, but that must be my overactive imagination, according to banner and his underdeveloped cronies.

I do applaud Bruce for answering the question posed, and not joining the CGC Bash Brothers in their vigilante-like pursit of forum justice.

I have no opinion whatsoever on the CGC-techies...

I'm glad I amuse you... grin.gif

What's most bizarre about this, is that most everyone knows I own lots of X-Men CGC books, and if I was lying, I could easily list a ton at insane rates.

Imagine, 25-35 year old former collectors buying CGC comics and looking to sell. Imagine the odds.....

Just show us the lists Joe, or shut the f*[!@#%^&^] up...no one believes your story.

Keep up the insults man-child. I could care less what you think (who would?), as you're obviously not quite as developed as you might imagine.

If I wanted to make up stories, I could easily come up with a far more compelling one than a couple of co-workers with a few grand in CGC comics. That's not even a blip on the radar, but it has reached mythic status under your ever-watchful eye.

Keep up the good work.

I think it's pretty obvious what's going on. I post a pretty innocent question, but because a certain "sector" of the forum members autonatically berate and insult anyone who isn't placing CGC in a positive light.

You post a thread with a subject "Not Another Market Crash Thread", proceed to illustrate how office cohorts are brainless twits who have foolishly invested in comics, and with a smug bravado, place yourself at the podium as their saviour, and in your signature, you profess about a CGC market crash. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? How the hell else do you want people to interpret this thread?