• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not Another Market Crash Thread....

198 posts in this topic

You have written with great incite and with educated theory.

Wonderful. Great 'incite'. tongue.gif

Thanks for the rambling, disorganized diatribe. Where are you, Joe Collector??? Gene???

From here on in, please allow someone reasonably articulate to take care of the bearish warnings and insights into the comic market.

Wait till more books are graded and slab is so commonplace or when everyone finally realizes that 9.0 looks just like 9.8 which looks sorta like 9.4.

Methinks CGC grading will be lauded & perpetuated due to graders such as yourself...

Joe was at 2229 for about 10 days straight and then suddenly went up to 2230... But when I went looking for the new post, he had already deleted it...

I think there was a JC sighting during the last trivia.

Chris

I think there was a JC sighting during the last trivia.

Just one?!?! As CI initially created JC to shill on the trivia questions (and only emerged onto the regular boards after CI took has ball and left the playground...yet again), who knows how many posts the mysterious CI/tinkerer/JC/?? has. I guess the Watcher is the only one!! 27_laughing.gif

As for the ramblings of pangea...well, they speak for themselves... 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

So (DR)banner. Instead of going back to the standard rediculous quips.

OFFER UP!!! Send some great knowledge our way!!!! So far you seem to love to hassle people but I see no great knowledge spurting forth from any of your writings. OFFER ME UP SOMETHING REGARDING YOUR TAKE OF THE MARKET. DR BOY.

From Dr Von

So (DOC). Instead of going back to the standard rediculous quips. I say to you just like I say to (DR) Banner. . OFFER UP!!! Send some great knowledge our way!!!! So far you seem to love to hassle people but I see no great knowledge spurting forth from any of your writings. OFFER ME UP SOMETHING REGARDING YOUR TAKE OF THE MARKET. Anyone with a DOC title should at least be able to bring forth some great ideas. Lets here them and then we shall check your ideas with a fine tooth comb. .

Dr Von

Actually DrBanner is a straight-up guy with a lot of market savvy, is an excellent grader and is always willing to help out a fellow collector. He also claims to be an excellent snow-shoveler and had excellent taste in T-shirts as a young boy (don't know how he dresses now...or if he wears clothes at all, but that's besides the point)

Pangea, everybody is welcome in our little saloon, but maybe coming in guns a-blazing wasn't such a good idea. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You claim to be a long time collector/store owner, well there are a lot of positive threads that would welcome your stories about books/people/cons/purchases/sales of yesteryear.

I for one would enjoy reading them....

Thanks Chrom...you have a good memory! Yes, my snow/ice shoveling prowess is legendary (but these days you should see my high-flying cannonballs and can openers!), and Hulk T-shirts are always in fashion! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Pangea - this topic has been hashed, re-hashed, and served up as hash leftovers for lunch. Take a month or two to review the various discussions and posts on the topic and come back...uh, never mind.

As for your market savvy, I think we learned all about it when you asked about the impacts of Terminator 3 on the Terminator books for future investment. "What is the impact on Terminator books for future investment?" Sorry man, but that question is beyond laughable...

So (DR)banner. Instead of going back to the standard rediculous quips.

OFFER UP!!! Send some great knowledge our way!!!! So far you seem to love to hassle people but I see no great knowledge spurting forth from any of your writings. OFFER ME UP SOMETHING REGARDING YOUR TAKE OF THE MARKET. DR BOY.

From Dr Von

Dr. B's a stand up guy that I've had some great transactions with. He offers more positive input to this forum then most. You on the other hand, well, I don't even know what to say other then boo.gif .

Pangea, everybody is welcome in our little saloon, but maybe coming in guns a-blazing wasn't such a good idea.

That's what makes him sound like such an [!@#%^&^] in this post. In addition to Joe's ideas, he's taken on a bit of Joe's arrogant combatativeness as well.

Okay, I will tone it down and take your advice and say to Doc and DrBanner. Lets have a truce!!! I accept your thoughts that the are both good guys. Sound okay Doc and DrBanner?

Does that sound okay with both of you. If so, then we can talk well and help each other.

I guess what my problem from the start was when I first posted someone (neither of you) answered my post in such a way that they took a line and printed it out of context. The gent who wrote this wrote (Poster admits he is a golden age collector) as if this was supposed to limit my brain power. He did the same with other lines as well. My choice was only to come back like gangbusters. But, that does not have anything to do with you. Its just when I saw an attack on Joe collector, I figured here we go again.

You are right, I shouldnt take it out on either of you.

AND SO TO YOU I OFFER TRUCE?!?!?!?

So, if you wish, I will declare a truce on my end and see if you would like to trade information. That would be cool with me and I will tone it down.

I post questions many times to experiment and basically to confirm my judgement on certain topics. Terminator books in general like you say are going nowhere. However, Burning Earth I feel is a nice slow mover that will eventually move higher. Problem is to many were made. Thats all that post was about. I wanted to see if anyone would mention that particular line of Terminator. A few people came back and did. Thats all.

So, what would you think?

Okay, I will tone it down and take your advice and say to Doc and DrBanner. Lets have a truce!!! I accept your thoughts that the are both good guys. Sound okay Doc and DrBanner?

Does that sound okay with both of you. If so, then we can talk well and help each other.

I guess what my problem from the start was when I first posted someone (neither of you) answered my post in such a way that they took a line and printed it out of context. The gent who wrote this wrote (Poster admits he is a golden age collector) as if this was supposed to limit my brain power. He did the same with other lines as well. My choice was only to come back like gangbusters. But, that does not have anything to do with you. Its just when I saw an attack on Joe collector, I figured here we go again.

You are right, I shouldnt take it out on either of you.

AND SO TO YOU I OFFER TRUCE?!?!?!?

So, if you wish, I will declare a truce on my end and see if you would like to trade information. That would be cool with me and I will tone it down.

I post questions many times to experiment and basically to confirm my judgement on certain topics. Terminator books in general like you say are going nowhere. However, Burning Earth I feel is a nice slow mover that will eventually move higher. Problem is to many were made. Thats all that post was about. I wanted to see if anyone would mention that particular line of Terminator. A few people came back and did. Thats all.

So, what would you think?

Terminiator Burning Earth had a little pop a while back when people realized it was the first "Alexander Ross" artwork. I think that was all the pop its is going to have.

You came back like gangbusters at some point???? I must have missed that part. Please direct me to these posts where you were more competitive than an aborted fetus...

Terminator books in general like you say are going nowhere. However, Burning Earth I feel is a nice slow mover that will eventually move higher. Problem is to many were made. Thats all that post was about. I wanted to see if anyone would mention that particular line of Terminator. A few people came back and did. Thats all.

Terminator books are far from dead. In fact they sell quite well at current prices. The Aliens mythos, Predator mythos, and Terminator mythos all have devoted fans that seem to delight in converting their friends to fandom. Terminator back issues sell better than 2/3 of the super-hero titles from the same time period. But like Star Wars, there are no recent "key" issues, so there isn't anything to speculate on. Burning Earth got a nice bump in 2000-2001 when Alex Ross fever was peaking, but for the most part, Terminator books are steady sellers at current values with limited upside.

Lighthouse, would you like a truce and start over or shall we continue to send insulting posts back and forth?

I understand your point regarding Aliens, Predator, Terminator. I just received a large grouping of them in today.

What would you prefer. To continue sending insulting posts back and forth or would you like to declar truce and on from there. My beef is not with you. Only one member who did not come across right when I first came on.

So, I leave the ball in your court and we can treat each other like gentleman. What do you think?

Lighthouse, would you like a truce and start over or shall we continue to send insulting posts back and forth?

If by "truce" you mean an agreement not to hijack threads for the purpose of combat, I am perfectly willing to accept a truce. I don't have the free time that Bugaboo does...

However, if by "truce" you mean that I agree not to point your blatant lies and ridiculous exaggerations, then I believe I will have to pass.

Post whatever you like. I won't lose sleep either way. Ask all kinds of inane questions. Promote cleaning and pressing as the savior of comicdom. Explain why Fawcett should have won the lawsuit with DC in 1953. Describe Rob Liefeld as a good artist... Really won't matter to me... But when you express an opinion in a forum, you better be prepared to respond to people who disagree with it, whether that's me or someone else. And when you post lies, you better be prepared to respond to people who call you out. To this point your deception has been less successful that an Australian eBay seller with an Amazing Fantasy 15... So I might suggest that you stick to inane questions and opinions...

I am just one of dozens of people here with comic knowledge to share. I have done a fair amount of educating here, and a whole lot more learning. You may have reached the conclusion I don't like you. You'd be wrong. I have no opinion of you whatsoever. But I do have an opinion about some of the things you have posted, and I will continue to express those opinions when necessary.

You think you'd like a truce now... Just wait til you say something that Bug disagrees with...

OFFER ME UP SOMETHING REGARDING YOUR TAKE OF THE MARKET.

Pangea....when I first started on this forum I fought and fought about the positives about the comic book market. It seemed like I was a lone voice until I was given some interesting insight about forum members. I was told that the positive ones tend to keep silent.

It is very easy for doomsayers to dump [!@#%^&^] at every opportunity about the future of comics because the future never comes. 893frustrated.gif

If you have insights to the market that hold any factual basis in reality then please let us know. Generic statements about HG collectors being burned.....c'mon give me a break. What age are you talking about? What publisher? What genre?

Take a month or two to review the various discussions and posts on the topic and come back...uh, never mind.

Not the best recommendation drbanner. Have you actually tried to do this yourself?

I tried this a little while ago. In fact, I did so by the suggestion of Bronty (the first person to welcome me on this forum); and then because the TROLL also known as joe_collector voliied an insult toward me -- might have been my third or fourth post. The site architect didn't think there was anything wrong with what joe_collector did, proceeded to discard the vailidity of my claims, and punished me by suggesting I review some past posts to learn more about CGC and the hobby.

Architect. If you are reading this -- what a revolting waste of time that suggestion was!!!! But more than that, the thought that I would gain anything from reading posts that were destroyed and trashed by the same TROLL who decided to lash out at me -- I found that far more insulting than joe_collectors comments.

I came on the boards to learn about the CGC product, and refamiliarize myself with the hobby. You may be asking how can anyone have such a one-dimensional perspective of another user? Its simple. After having spent the two weeks or so reading through past posts (some topics were superb), I have to say that I was bitterly disappointed to see a great MANY members shot-down, ridiculed, vilified -- and not to mention the unecessary name-calling that ensued.

Hey pangea! Two guesses who I am talking about?

As a word of advice, before you decide to go on a joe_collector vigil, take some time (or maybe not, as I wouldn't suggest this to my worst enemy) and read through some of the great commentary that is joe_collector/comicinvestor. And judge for yourself whether I am way off base with my comments or not.

To be honest, I still find myself reading stuff on these boards, but I don't find myself contributing as much anymore because of the behaviour of members like joe_collector. I left the playground name-calling behind in kindergarten... unfortunately, joe_collector seems to be stuck in that time.