• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I finally did it-pulled the trigger on this Incredible Hulk #1! Opinions please

73 posts in this topic

I called it a 2.0 without the tape. There is a large piece missing from bottom of spine, significant wear on spine (piece missing from 12cent), marvel chipping on right side of cover and tears on the back cover which i think drops it out of a 3.0. Then add the big piece of tape.

I don't know. Do you own the grading guide? If so, check out the examples of 2.0s. Significant missing pieces, detached covers, obtrusive writing and color loss, sub creases, ect. I just don't see any damage warranting a straight good. As for the piece at the bottom of the spine, that doesn't seem very large to me. Hell, I have seen golden age books with chips that size getting into the VF range. Check out the All Select 1 on page 204. That got an 8.0 and the chip is the same size...

I called it a 2.0 without the tape. There is a large piece missing from bottom of spine, significant wear on spine (piece missing from 12cent), marvel chipping on right side of cover and tears on the back cover which i think drops it out of a 3.0. Then add the big piece of tape.

I don't know. Do you own the grading guide? If so, check out the examples of 2.0s. Significant missing pieces, detached covers, obtrusive writing and color loss, sub creases, ect. I just don't see any damage warranting a straight good. As for the piece at the bottom of the spine, that doesn't seem very large to me. Hell, I have seen golden age books with chips that size getting into the VF range. Check out the All Select 1 on page 204. That got an 8.0 and the chip is the same size...

yes i own the grading guide. If you think the all selects missing piece is the same size, then bump his book to an 8.0, makes no difference to me. Divad's issue is if he doesn't like an opinion, he insults the person.

metropolis has a 4.0 without the missing spine piece, chipping on cover, tape covering missing piece and smearing/pulls on front cover. I don't always agree with metro but i think theirs is a classic 4.0 and this book has alot of extra defects. Maybe it would get a 2.5 but i doubt it.

I'd put it in the 3.5 to 4.0 range. Overall spine looks pretty good, staples intact, possible minimal spine role. Tape is allowed on VG copies. Is that a tear seal midway down the back cover on left? Congratulations on picking up the entire set!

metropolis has a 4.0 without the missing spine piece, chipping on cover, tape covering missing piece and smearing/pulls on front cover. I don't always agree with metro but i think theirs is a classic 4.0 and this book has alot of extra defects. Maybe it would get a 2.5 but i doubt it.

Well, I said a 3.0, not a 4.0 and Metro's copy has a 6-7" corner crease and colro breaks that run across the middle (looks like it was folded in half at some point). I don't get why you are slamming Dave's book so bad, it really doesn't look much worse than the copy you just cited. It definitely has less cover creasing. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, I said a 3.0, not a 4.0 and Metro's copy has a 6-7" corner crease and colro breaks that run across the middle (looks like it was folded in half at some point). I don't get why you are slamming Dave's book so bad, it really doesn't look much worse than the copy you just cited. It definitely has less cover creasing. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well apparently I have no grading sense so it's a 4.0 with the divad bump acclaim.gif

Well apparently I have no grading sense so it's a 4.0 with the divad bump acclaim.gif

27_laughing.gif

IMHO I would call it a 3.0. If I were buying it, I would base my bid on 2.5. There are many big time dealers that would sell this as a solid VG.

This is pretty much the way I feel about. It's certainly not a 2.0, and a 4.0 is a reach . . . but the book has great positives about it, and I am very happy to have happened upon it. Couldn't say enough good things about the seller (ciorac) -- a real pro! sumo.gif And if you've checked out the books he has in his own collection, you'd understand why I pulled the trigger - the guy knows his stuff! yay.gif

I'd put it in the 3.5 to 4.0 range. Overall spine looks pretty good, staples intact, possible minimal spine role. Tape is allowed on VG copies. Is that a tear seal midway down the back cover on left? Congratulations on picking up the entire set!

Thanks! No tear seal - just a small tear . . . grin.gif

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif

sorry that the truth hurts. It's a 2.0 with tape.

The truth always hurts little man, that's what life is all about . . . grin.gif

You may go now . . . 27_laughing.gif

Congrats! poke2.gif

I know he called it a a VG- (cause I PMed about it).

Certainly no worse than 2.5.

I'd go a weak 3.0.

Weak due to tape. tongue.gif