• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #20 grading question....

3 posts in this topic

I picked up a ASM #20 (First Scorpion) for around 70 bucks on e-bay last summer. The book is generally attractive to look at (no creases, tears, etc.), but with some browning around the back cover (white colors are hell to maintain, you know). I think the seller listed it as a VG/F, which could be right. The only thing that may drop it lower is that the first page is detached from one staple. I checked Overstreet, but couldn't really find anything. Any idea on how this affects the grade?

Thanks in advance...

Is it the centerfold? That's pretty weird that the 1st page/wrap would become detached, and the cover is still attached? I'm not seeing how this works, unless you're saying the paper between the staple holes has torn, or is there a big "spine split" on the 1st wrap?

Is it the centerfold? That's pretty weird that the 1st page/wrap would become detached, and the cover is still attached? I'm not seeing how this works, unless you're saying the paper between the staple holes has torn, or is there a big "spine split" on the 1st wrap?

Nope. It's not the centerfold. It's the first page, a splash of Scorpion fighting Spidey in J. Jameson's office.