• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Captain America 27

14 posts in this topic

I know a lot of people on here really dig this cover, so I figured I would run it by all of you before taking it to the con.

Captain America 27. Classic Schomburg cover.

Restored by Matt Wilson and it looks fantastic. Includes: tape removal, cleaning, some small chips replaced, tears and a spine split sealed, centerfold reinforced, minor color touch.

$800

Last unrestored 3.0 went for $600 (looks like this one was better than a 3.0 to start with) and the last unrestored 8.5 sold for $3500-4000.

Feel free to PM or post with questions, ect...

cap27.jpg

cap27bk.jpg

Why not submit the book in Chicago to see how it turns out?

Book looks very sweet. cloud9.gif

If you ask me......which, of course, you didn't... poke2.gif getting this book slabbed wouldn't bring much return. If it's got the paperwork from Matt Nelson along with it, that would help about as much as being slabbed. Just MHO. hi.gif

If you ask me......which, of course, you didn't... poke2.gif getting this book slabbed wouldn't bring much return. If it's got the paperwork from Matt Nelson along with it, that would help about as much as being slabbed. Just MHO. hi.gif

The paperwork is there and it details what was done. It was Matt Wilson though, not Matt Nelson. cool.gif

Just a curiosity more than anything. Wasn't thinking about value at all.

Nice book...Schomburg's Cap motorcycle covers rule! cloud9.gif

You'll have to let us know about the response the Timely's receive in Chicago (if any make it that far)!

Nice book...Schomburg's Cap motorcycle covers rule! cloud9.gif

You'll have to let us know about the response the Timely's receive in Chicago (if any make it that far)!

Will do. So far only the Human Torch 12 has sold though...