• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The REAL Forumite Awards?

54 posts in this topic

So.. after discussing it lightheartedly in another thread, i got to thinking: Why don't we run our own, nomination-driven and vote-decided Forumite Awards? I'd be more than happy to help organize it and if anyone is interested in lending a hand, help is never discouraged, but here's what i was thinking. Feel free to give feedback and whatnot here, especially because this would be a just for fun thing, just for us - so we should all have a say in designing it!

My thoughts:

- A week of nominations. You may nominate as many people as you like for as many categories as you like. The top (3 or 5?) nominees for any category will the official contenders.

- A week of voting. Voting will be set up in some way so that it can be obvious to everyone that there's no cheating involved and that everything is fair and square.

Here are some of the categories i was thinking of:

The Miss(ter) Congeniality: Nicest person overall, least flame-wars, etc.

The Mr. Rogers Award: Nicest to Newbies, most helpful, most welcoming, etc.

The "I'm Jealous" Award: The Forumite who everyone wants to be, whether it's because of their awesome collection, awesome house, or awesome wife.

The Lurker Award: Forumite who should participate more, but for no particular reason, just doesn't.

Forumite of the Year: Favourite Forumite overall. All-around great contributions, humour, input, info, etc. This is the Forumite that makes us all come back for more, and check all of his/her threads incessantly.

The Best Seller Award: The Forum's favourite Marketplace seller.

The Best Buyer Award: The Forum's favourite Marketplace buyer.

The Nelson Award: Biggest bully, rudest, most surly.

The Graemlin Award: 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused.gifforeheadslap.gifhi.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The Troll Award: Trolliest member. Get a life!

Then, maybe awards for Forumites will well-known specialties within their hobby? (No, the first two don't have anything to do with Jews.)

Gold-man

Silver-man

Bronze-man

Modern-man

Horror-man

Superman-man

Batman-man

Spider-man-man

Input/suggestions, and discussion are very welcome. Award-name-changes, more award suggestions, etc etc etc all encouraged!

What do you think, would this fly? Any interest?

Here's a couple ideas that have already been PMed to me. Exciting!

Needs to Post More Often: Forumite whose posts are far and few between, but oh-so-valuabe.

Best On-again off-again flame Wars: A pair of Forumites would be nominated at a time for this award.

He'll be Missed But He'll Be Back!: (Deathlok, anyone?)

The 2006 Best Comic Related Idea on the Boards: (Ze-Man Cap&Mandie's World Travels? Restoration Definition Analysis/etc And i'm sure there's other things people have done as well. laugh.gif)

Best New Poster: New is a relative term. Take it as you will.

Most Improved Poster: He used to slack off a bit.. but recently he's been pickin' it up! Much more valuable posts recently, but not a new member.

Couple more award suggestions...

Community Helper Award: Forumite who's doing his (or her) darndest for our silly hobby to make it pure and/or right and/or better and/or smarter and/or more fun and/or etc.

Favourite Shill: Duh.

screwy.gifscrewy.gifscrewy.gif

The only time I ever missed Deathlok was with my shotgun last week.

The Morale Award: Anyone?

My opinion?

This is even lamer than the CGC Credit Card Awards.

Just have everyone PM you in their Top 10 Forum Members List, collate them (properly!), and then list a Top 10 Forum List one by one, just like the comic covers and other polls.

Keep it simple, as listing all these zany categories may be fun, but it automatically means this will never get done.

Just have everyone PM you in their Top 10 Forum Members List, collate them (properly!), and then list a Top 10 Forum List one by one, just like the comic covers and other polls.

thumbsup2.gif

I hope there is going to be a Forum Drama Queen category.

27_laughing.gif

And how about a most frequent Forum Drama Queen Exit Post category?

screwy.gifscrewy.gifscrewy.gif

The only time I ever missed Deathlok was with my shotgun last week.

The Morale Award: Anyone?

JC will never run from battle.

I hope there is going to be a Forum Drama Queen category.

27_laughing.gif

And how about a most frequent Forum Drama Queen Exit Post category?

...and Paranoid FDQ Stormtrooper/Witch-Hunter category,... thumbsup2.gif

My opinion?

This is even lamer than the CGC Credit Card Awards.

Keep it simple, as listing all these zany categories may be fun, but it automatically means this will never get done.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The Morale Award: Anyone? acclaim.gif

Nevermind. It'd be no contest. sorry.gif