• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Captain America #103!

10 posts in this topic

Gorgeous cover...deep colors and unbroken gloss that looks wet, with just a bit of visible spine and top edge wear. However, there's a tiny color flake at the bottom staple that sticks out slightly, and the back has a small mark/fingerprint on the left edge. What do you think?

cap103.jpg

cap103back.jpg

Great looking copy, notwithstanding the common miswrap for this issue . . . I bet the PQ is very good too . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

9.0/9.2 sumo.gif due to the points mentioned and the very light wear at the upper spine corner.

Thanks for the grades so far, guys!

Just to be clear...let's assume the front is a solid 9.0 (nice as it looks, I think the color flakes on the ULC would keep it from going any higher). No deduction for the mark on the back, or the small bit sticking out at the bottom staple?

Thanks for the grades so far, guys!

Just to be clear...let's assume the front is a solid 9.0 (nice as it looks, I think the color flakes on the ULC would keep it from going any higher). No deduction for the mark on the back, or the small bit sticking out at the bottom staple?

Well no, not really - it's the accumulation of the small defects you mention weighed against the positive presentation and qualities of the book, that result in the grade. It's not minus .2 for this, and minus .2 for that. You're an excellent grader btw . . . hi.gif