• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Someone want to explain this one to me................

23 posts in this topic

Wow, It's mind-boggling that Mom's attic knew about CGC! I've never seen the mother's attic story combined with a slabbed, non-professionaly graded, keyword spam auction before. Nicely done.

Wow, It's mind-boggling that Mom's attic knew about CGC! I've never seen the mother's attic story combined with a slabbed, non-professionaly graded, keyword spam auction before. Nicely done.

I don't get the "Spam" reference??

not S.P.A.M. (scientifically produced artificial meat) but keyword-spamming on ebay - using key words to have comics show up on searches when the words (adjectives) themselves aren't applicable to the item being sold.

that's what i think the reference is anyway, but what do i know? makepoint.gif

He Sounds like the guy a while back who found comics in Grandmas attics and then Grandpas attic.

Is this auction for real? confused.gif Let's assume that the seller doesn't have a scanner. Let's assume that noone had listed any "raw" copies of this book at the time that this seller decided to sell theirs. Why wouldn't the seller just state:"ACTUAL COMIC NOT PICTURED"?

Probably because the seller "DOESN'T ACTUALLY OWN THIS COMIC"..... insane.gif

What a terrible auction 893frustrated.gif

I think the SPAM reference was directed at the SELLER (S.P.A.M. (scientifically produced artificial meat) .

not S.P.A.M. (scientifically produced artificial meat) but keyword-spamming on ebay - using key words to have comics show up on searches when the words (adjectives) themselves aren't applicable to the item being sold.

that's what i think the reference is anyway, but what do i know? makepoint.gif

Actually SPAM is not artificial at all but derrived from pork shoulder meat and the word SPAM stands for SPiced hAM...it was a convienent way to ship meat overseas during WWII....returning GI's continued to buy it once they came home making it a staple household product of the 1950's....

Jonny D.

Actually SPAM is not artificial at all but derrived from pork shoulder meat and the word SPAM stands for SPiced hAM...it was a convienent way to ship meat overseas during WWII....returning GI's continued to buy it once they came home making it a staple household product of the 1950's....

Jonny D.

sounds like drug addiction

Jonny D.

Is talking about SPAM considered Pork Barreling?....I don't want to get in trouble here.

J.D.

Jonny D.

Is talking about SPAM considered Pork Barreling?....I don't want to get in trouble here.

J.D.

SPAMMER!!!!

Jonny D.

J.D.

SPAMMER!!!!

Spam rules! In college, nothing like cut up Spam in your ramen noodles to tide you over in between work study paychecks! I think I knew the spam recipe book by heart - fried up spam with some brown sugar for a sweet bacon like treat for breakfast. Also spam and pineapples salad...thinly sliced spam with eggs...spam casserole, spaghetti and spamballs...there new turkey spam as well now...that stuff is addictive...and you buy enough (like a case) at the local wholesale outlet (Costco/BJ's) you get the free Spam t-shirt...

Spam rules! In college, nothing like cut up Spam in your ramen noodles to tide you over in between work study paychecks! I think I knew the spam recipe book by heart - fried up spam with some brown sugar for a sweet bacon like treat for breakfast. Also spam and pineapples salad...thinly sliced spam with eggs...spam casserole, spaghetti and spamballs...there new turkey spam as well now...that stuff is addictive...and you buy enough (like a case) at the local wholesale outlet (Costco/BJ's) you get the free Spam t-shirt...

Man:

You sit here, dear.

Wife:

All right.

Man:

Morning!

Waitress:

Morning!

Man:

Well, what've you got?

Waitress:

Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;

Vikings:

Spam spam spam spam...

Waitress:

...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...

Vikings:

Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!

Waitress:

...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.

Wife:

Have you got anything without spam?

Waitress:

Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.

Wife:

I don't want ANY spam!

Man:

Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?

Wife:

THAT'S got spam in it!

Man:

Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?

Vikings:

Spam spam spam spam... (Crescendo through next few lines...)

Wife:

Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?

Waitress:

Urgghh!

Wife:

What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like spam!

Vikings:

Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress:

Shut up!

Vikings:

Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress:

Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.

Wife:

I don't like spam!

Man:

Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Vikings:

Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress:

Shut up!! Baked beans are off.

Man:

Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?

Waitress:

You mean spam spam spam spam spam spam... (but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)

Vikings:

(Singing elaborately...) Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam!

I came across some FLash Spam with MJ inserts yesterday while sorting - mid grade- my decision would be based on the the book itself. Is it a major/minor key in mid grade? If you have that ASM 121/122 with the MJ insert - definitely get it slabbed IMO...if it's a mid grade Flash or DC book, just pass or set it aside inthe variant/novelty box..