• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comiccollectors.net catalog

57 posts in this topic

I'd just like to say that I got an email back on the ASM 41...somehow, amazingly..it has sold..despite the fact that "noone can order from the catalog until the catalog order date". Why do I get the feeling that most of the stuff anyone wants will be the same?

Brian

I'd just like to say that I got an email back on the ASM 41...somehow, amazingly..it has sold..despite the fact that "noone can order from the catalog until the catalog order date". Why do I get the feeling that most of the stuff anyone wants will be the same?

Brian

I told you....he had the books with him in Philly...that whole "will not sell before commencement date" is a bunch of gargage.

J.D.

Hey could some one post or PM me what he has in the way of Tales Of Suspense 39-59? Thanks in advance

Ericc123

tos #46....cgc 9.2....$750.00

#54....cgc9.2...$300.00

#55...cgc9.2....$350.00

#58...cgc 9.2....$995.00

Jonny D.

Marnin was in Philly? Are you sure you are not talking about Bill Hughes who by the way has consigned some of his material into this catalog.

Bob

It wasn't Marin himself,..(I've never met him but none of the fuys there resembeled his picture)......but it was a table representing Comic Collectors.Net with his books and his catalogs....it was on the first side isle on the right side of the room.

Jonny D.

That was Bill Hughes who was passing out the catalog.

But then again I heard that Bill Hughes was going to be Marnin's new partner so anything is possible. How low will Bill go gossip.gifflamed.gif

WHY?

John

Bill merging with Marnin was the rumor going around the Philly show. Bill laughed when I told him this since he is supposed to be also working for the new grading servce and oh by the way he still works for JP the Mint.

see...to me that is a compliment. u can keep bendin over, it seems u like that when buyin books.

kevin: "hey how much is that JIM in 9.2?"

dealer: "5x guide (i have heard of this shuley)"

kevin: "duh....i'll take it."

normal customer

NC: "hey how much are u asking for that JIM in 9.2?"

dealer: " i am looking for 5x guide."

NC: " hmmm, what is the best you can do?"

dealer: " i could do 4x guide"

NC: "how about $XXX?"

dealer: " how about $$?"

NC: " ok i'll take it (3.5 x guide)"

it's called getting a good price, not making nicey nicey with the dealers. sure, they may not always go for you offer but at least make an effort.

893frustrated.gif

Just received my catalog today. Called and all the books I wanted were gone - of course! And Marnin confirmed that Bill is working with him but he is also still with Jp? That is because JP okd it and JP is only going to focus on books over $5000!

Just received my catalog today. Called and all the books I wanted were gone - of course! And Marnin confirmed that Bill is working with him but he is also still with Jp? That is because JP okd it and JP is only going to focus on books over $5000!

only nine days after i got mine, sucks to be you. 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

Clobberin, it doesn't matter when you got your catalog. I emailed the guy a week and a half ago, and despite the "we won't sell anything before everyone gets their catalog" bs. Somehow, I went 0 for 7 on items I wanted.. and this was like 1 day after the catalog had shipped, what a joke..

Brian

I got mine today (I have no idea why, unless he bought Heritage's mailing list). The only stuff I would be interested in were the Superboys and Actions. They are severely overpriced and I'll be passing on them. I'm sorry, but Superboy 124 CGC 9.6 is not a $535.00 book. $200.00, maybe.

And he's got an ASM 100 CGC 9.4 listed for $995. Do you think he'd buy my ASM 100 CGC 9.4 for half that? Would he give me double that for my CGC 9.6?

It's a nice catalog though.