• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Detective Comics 302

8 posts in this topic

Some noticible spine stress, a dust shadow on the bottom of the front cover, a 1 inch crease on the front cover bottom right corner, some small creases on the top of the front cover, dust shadow on the bottom and left of the back cover, pages are off-white to cream, cover and centerfold are firmly in place, not a single tear in the book.

So, what do you good folks think? I'm learning a lot from you and I appreciate your comments. Thanks!

DetectiveComics302f.jpg

DetectiveComics302b.jpg

OK, now I'm really confused. I would have guessed a 5.0/5.5. Lazyboy, to help me learn, can you explain why you'd give this book a 7.0 and feel that your World's Finest 176 doesn't rate that high? Would I be correct in saying that the cover wear near the spine, the long crease , the small tears, and mushy bottom right corner on your book account for the lower grade? Is there more being considered here that I'm not seeing?

Oh, and lest my words be misconstrued as an argument, I just want to be clear that I'm simply trying to learn. You'll get no argument from me.

Your humble student.

PS: I'm expecting to get three books back from CGC in a couple of weeks. Based on my current level of expertise, I'm pretty sure that each of them will come back with a grade somewhere between 0.5 and 10. foreheadslap.gif

6.5 looks about right. Slight chance IMHO for 7.0.

Wear to all four corners. Small creases TR and BL.

Thumb crease on TEFC

Numerous color breaking spine creases.

BC has a large crease BL.

Dust shadows.

Nicely centered book with great colors.

Back cover has minimal dirt and a few spine creases

Dark cover is less forgiving but overall a nice copy.

Yes, the bottom right corner and the long crease, even though it is fairly faint, are the biggest defects on my WF176. Combined with the other minor defects, they knock the grade down quite a bit.

Your pictures appear to be down right now, so I'll have to go on memory. (EDIT: they're back) The spine stress is easily visible due to the black cover, and isn't that bad. The small corner crease is probably the worst defect, but it's not that big. The grade I gave may be a little high, I wouldn't grade it any higher, but it's a nice looking copy. Also, like the description of this forum says, grading from scans isn't perfect.

Please post the CGC'd books when you get them back. Don't worry, many people here have been burned on their first submission. You can probably find some examples by using the search function.