• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glue or Color Touch on Unrestored Books, disclosure or not??

23 posts in this topic

Burntboy,

I'd say that if a flaw can be readily seen in person, or in a scan, than that is defacto disclosure. However if a even a moderately low grade book is listed in a catalog without an image, than grade acceptable flaws that may still effect desirability should be disclosed ( i.e tape, soiling, major tears, etc.) even if they are not considered resto. I recall from the pre-internet days being annoyed when an technically accurately graded VG book would arrive in the mail with a big old undisclosed store stamp on the cover.

Here are examples of very small amount of colour touch!! (VERY SMALL!!) Would you buy these if they were a universal label? You can't even see the colour touches!!! I don't understand why CGC didn't give me a universal label and mention the colour touch. It is so small, as if someone dropped a pen on the cover!!

I have asked on several boards and no one will touch these even though they are high grade!!

SHOULD THESE BOOKS HAVE DESERVED A UNIVERSAL GRADE?

Werewolf By Night #32 (CGC Grade 9.2) - 1st app. of Moon Knight

Comments:3rd highest graded copy

Nick Fury #15 (CGC Grade 9.4) - 1st app. and death of Bullseye and Death of Nick Fury

Comments:2nd highest graded copy

werewolf by night 32f.jpg

nick fury 15 f.jpg

Some times I feel the way I do at work with respect to restoration.

CGC is like the local building department. They review the information and it is there job to find some sort of flaw with it...if they don't find a flaw, to some extent, they are not doing their job. Finding the dot of color is like justifying their existance.....it proves the restoration check is valid and valuable.

So the otherwise 10.0 books are slowly picked at until they fall in the appropriate CGC grade level.

Just like if you send in a set of plans for a building and a set of calculations for the building dept. to review...they will nit pick the details if there is nothing else to find. As an engineer, I sometimes wonder if you leave something for them to find, then most other nit picking items will be left alone....as they've earned their wages during the review.

Just a corollary that came to mind in reading about your PLOD books with very miniscule work and the ones that still come back Blue lable (noted).

thumbsup2.gif