• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF #15 or ASM #1 in CGC 10? What would it be worth?

46 posts in this topic

The question becomes-Could a AF #15 be graded high enough that it could surpass the value of the highest graded Action #1?

I'd say-Yes,in theory,No in reality.

Yes, but only if you can find an AF#15 that would grade out at 11.

marsh11-1.jpg

The highest graded non-restored Amazing Fantasy 15 sold for $150,000 at 9.4 (the WM copy). Hypothetically, I believe, if a 9.6 were to go to auction tomorrow it would sell for significantly less than if instead a 9.8 went to auction. Ditto if it was a 10.0 relative to both the hypothetical 9.6 or 9.8.

I pay 150K for a 9.6 AF15 if offerred the chance..even if there were a 9.8 on the census. anybody?

I got one of these for sale... Who wants it?

gemmintdream.jpg

Too bad signature series books can never be graded as Gem mint... Oh well.

Put that decimal point back in there! poke2.gif

This is an utterly stupid post. screwy.gif

Why not ask, "What would happen if you had a 50 inch peni$?" 893whatthe.gif Relax and come back to reality.

OK, why is this a stupid post? I think it's a valid question. The fact that a CGC 10 AF #15 or ASM #1 hasn't popped up doesn't mean it won't ever happen. Hundreds if not thousands of high grade copies were stashed away in collections, and the probability is very slight, but possible. Regardless, this is as valid as many of the questions posted!

V/R,

Mike

Wow what has this forum turned into? This thread alone we talk about a 50 inch peni$ and a threesome.. 893whatthe.gif

With a 50inch peni$ you could have a ninesome. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes they can. Isn't there a SS Cerebus #7 (or thereabouts) that got a CGC 10 Gem Mint?

most people with that amount of money would be sceptical (hey I'm european), of the validity of the grade, and you don't generally get label chasers at that kind of price

I can't see a 10 asm 1 selling for more than the 9.8 one. How many people are sniffing around doug's ff1 9.6 ? not many I would suspect, and that's the best FF1 in existence. The kind of people prepared to pay 7 figures for a comic would be only interested in the big 2 keys. Action and Detective.

Yeah but Fantastic Four 1 isn't Amazing Fantasy 15.

Yea, it's not. Fantastic Four 1 was more important than AF 15. thumbsup2.gif

most people with that amount of money would be sceptical (hey I'm european), of the validity of the grade, and you don't generally get label chasers at that kind of price

I can't see a 10 asm 1 selling for more than the 9.8 one. How many people are sniffing around doug's ff1 9.6 ? not many I would suspect, and that's the best FF1 in existence. The kind of people prepared to pay 7 figures for a comic would be only interested in the big 2 keys. Action and Detective.

Yeah but Fantastic Four 1 isn't Amazing Fantasy 15.

Yea, it's not. Fantastic Four 1 was more important than AF 15. thumbsup2.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Yes they can. Isn't there a SS Cerebus #7 (or thereabouts) that got a CGC 10 Gem Mint?

There was a triple sig GEM Mint 10 book talked about in another thread just days ago...