• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prices slowing down at Heritage?

8 posts in this topic

I got a real bargain today - beautiful, very rare book in the $4-5K range slightly below guide even after commission was added. A copy in identical grade sold for $6,900 + commission at Greg Manning two years ago. I am very happy smile.gif (this was one of only two books that I placed absentee bids on). Anyone else out there getting good deals after the big name collectors burned their disposable cash on the Nicolas Cage auction?

I'm certainly not..a lot of the ASM books that have been going cheap on eBay are going for more on Heritage..that and the lack of other real great back issue material at the con has made this a bit of a waste of time for me.

Brian

The comic prices may have slowed down re WDCS 1 (1940) cgc 6.5 fn+ blue label, but the orig art prices r red hot. The few art items I expect NOT to meet reserve r the Carl Barks pencil cvr prelim & pen/ink Disney Duck cvr. In an old Executive/Greg Manning Auction, the Barks cvr prelim was only bid up to around $1,300 or $1,600. Now a similiar prelim drawn on tissue crazy.gif is estimated at $3k.

I saw that the 1958 Barks cover was already at $26,000 as of a few days ago. To my knowledge, this far exceeds the current market trends for inked Barks art. For example, a 1960 cover in the same great shape was listed in Carsten Laqua's catalog at ~$12,000 last month. It is very puzzling to me that two different collectors each must have placed internet bids at the $25K level for this cover?? Geppi must be one of them - who could be the other?