• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New York Comic Book Spectacular 4 Sunday October 8th

30 posts in this topic

The New York City Comic Book Spectacular July 30th had another big jump in attendance and I would like to thank Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, Jamal Igle, Rick Leonardi and Steve Mannion for being such great guests along with the other 32 creators that attended. It really is fun with a big room of nothing but comic books, collectors and creators.

We had nothing but positive feedback on the show and the

next show October 8th will be even better with classic DC Batman and Spectre artist Norm Breyfogle as our guest of honor. There will be programming with Norm at the show. We have also added new dealers to the next show after every dealer from yesterday renewed their spots.

We have never had so many people take the time to say something nice on their way out of the show. Thank you New York comic fans and collectors. thumbsup2.gif

October 8th will be even better with classic DC Batman and Spectre artist Norm Breyfogle as our guest of honor. There will be programming with Norm at the show.

Chuck Satterlee, writer of "Of Bitter Souls" with art by Norm Breyfogle will also be a guest at the show.

For complete info go to primatepromotions.com

October 8th will be even better with classic DC Batman and Spectre artist Norm Breyfogle as our guest of honor. There will be programming with Norm at the show.

Chuck Satterlee, writer of "Of Bitter Souls" with art by Norm Breyfogle will also be a guest at the show.

For complete info go to primatepromotions.com

We have a few subsidized small press spaces left out of 20 allocated for local comic book creators. Contact us if interested or if you know of someone that would like to showcase their work.

All 22 creator and small press spaces are now filled. There are two dealer spaces left for real comic book dealers.

As opposed to briefcase dealers. Psst. Want to buy some books?

They will be shown the door. 893naughty-thumb.gif

All 22 creator and small press spaces are now filled. There are two dealer spaces left for real comic book dealers.

well, what if you are selling books to dealers?

That's not what he means. He's referring to the old-school kinda dealers who carry around a bucket of spackle and colored markers... 27_laughing.gif

At least that's what I think Dave means. I'm sure he'll beat me into submission if I am wrong... makepoint.gif

There will be a pass at the admission table under the name foolkiller.

I was referring to the schmucks that set up in empty spaces and corners or whisper to buyers as they are looking at legitimate dealers books. Hey Pal! I saw you looking at Storm's Spidey 1. I have one without the dealer markup. You know the guys. I almost came to blows with one well known kibitser when he set up shop for the third time next to me at a vacant dealer table. It's hard enough to compete with the overhead but even harder to compete with somebody who tells me that he got in early free because he is an important friend of the promoter.

Anybody interested in selling books is urged to come and shop them around to any and all dealers at the show. You will not get "hawked" at the entrance.

That's not what he means. He's referring to the old-school kinda dealers who carry around a bucket of spackle and colored markers... 27_laughing.gif

We don't allow Mr. No shower Hobbit feet either. We all know why he hates CGC.

There will be a pass at the admission table under the name foolkiller.

I was referring to the schmucks that set up in empty spaces and corners or whisper to buyers as they are looking at legitimate dealers books. Hey Pal! I saw you looking at Storm's Spidey 1. I have one without the dealer markup. You know the guys. I almost came to blows with one well known kibitser when he set up shop for the third time next to me at a vacant dealer table. It's hard enough to compete with the overhead but even harder to compete with somebody who tells me that he got in early free because he is an important friend of the promoter.

Anybody interested in selling books is urged to come and shop them around to any and all dealers at the show. You will not get "hawked" at the entrance.

At any rate, I'm probably not selling books to dealers -- this time. I plan to be in the city, but there's a possibility I won't make it. I'd love to see this show -- do you have a list of dealers attending? I know there's none of the larger to dealers (to my knowledge) but that's cool -- I'm more interested in some different stuff this time anyway.

I'd love to see this show -- do you have a list of dealers attending? I know there's none of the larger dealers (to my knowledge) but that's cool -- I'm more interested in some different stuff this time anyway.

The list of dealers so far is at http://www.primatepromotions.com/_sgt/m4_1.htm

I hope that you make it Sunday.

NEW YORK CITY COMIC BOOK SPECTACULAR 4 UPDATE

NEW YORK CITY’S ONLY COMIC BOOK RELATED ONLY SHOW

FROM GOLDEN AGE TO MODERN!

SUNDAY October 8th 9 a.m.-4 p.m.

This will be our last N.Y.C. show of 2006

HOLIDAY INN MIDTOWN BALLROOM

440 WEST 57TH ST

(Between 9th and 10th)

$6 or $5 with coupon at primatepromotions.com

Under 10 years old free with an adult.

This is a Comic Book and comic book related only show.

It is over one million Comic Books of all ages from Golden Age to Silver Age to Modern. There will also be original art from guest artists and comic/animation character related items such as anime, action figures, toys, statues etc.

Contact us if you have any questions.

There will be no bootleg or X-rated material of any type at this show

It's all about comic books and sequential art.

Bring the whole family. Tell every comic book reader, collector, artist or creator that you can about the show.

The room is a 1st floor well-lit ballroom in one of the nicest areas of the greatest city in the world. Restaurant and bar on site.

Plenty of clean bathrooms.

Handicap accessible from 57th street to the show floor.

If you pay big admissions to entertainment/celebrity/comic shows but are there to buy comics and meet creators, then this is the show for you.

Admission is just 5 dollars with the coupon on this site.

This is New York City's only Comic Book only show.

We open promptly at 9 a.m. and will close at 4 p.m. with no early bird buyers/kibitsers with no exceptions.

Come have some comic book fun, meet collectors and creators in an intimate fun setting and fill the holes in your want list at our 4th New York City show!

Guest of honor:

Classic DC Batman and Spectre & Of Bitter Souls artist

Norm Breyfogle

artists and writers

Chuck Satterlee

Of Bitter Souls, Smoke & Mirror and Lexian Chronicles writer

Keith Williams

artist, Web of Spider-Man,

She-Hulk, Quasar and many more

Marcus Boas -Fantasy painter

Ed Coutts-Femforce artist

Brian Kong

Jorge Medina & Sam Vera of Crazee Comics

David Quiles

Rob Granito

Frankie B. Washington

Hannibal King

Carl Herring of 3J Productions

Brendan Coyle

Scott Wegener

Enrique Savory

Comicbook Artists Guild

Keith Murphey

James Rodriguez

Robert J. Sodaro

Matt and Brian of matmancomics.com will be recording

their weekly podcast at the show

MOCCA

Confirmed dealers

New York Comic Book Spectacular 4

October 8th

KATZ KOMIX

MONKEYHOUSE ENTERTAINMENT

TV COMICS.COM

GENE'S COMICS

CAVEBOY PATRICK'S COMICS

CAPE COMICS

THE SIGNED EDITION

ALTAIR IV COMICS & COLLECTIBLES

NEAT STUFF COLLECTIBLES

RANGATANG TOYS

CURT'S COMICS & COLLECTIBLES

EEL O'BRIEN COMICS

MARTIN'S COMICS

SCOTT PELLIN COMICS

BOB BUCALO

METAL MACHINE COMICS

MERT GAMBOA

MONKEYHOUSE ENTERTAINMENT AND KATZ KOMIX WILL BE BRINGING OVER 75,000 DISCOUNT COMIC BOOKS AND TRADE PAPERBACKS!

We have a few space openings for dealers of vintage comic books or original art or fairly priced character related toys

If you sell comic books or related material and can have a little fun doing it, this is the show for you. We also have space for those selling their personal collection.

Advance tickets are now available for all Primate Promotions shows. Paypal is accepted at monkeyhouse55@aol.com add 30 cents to the admission price and your Paypal receipt with name & address will serve as proof of purchase and pre-registration/raffle ticket.

Please state which show you are purchasing tickets for

Door prizes at 11, 1 & 3

Primatepromotions.com

primatepromos@aol.com

978-388-6576

DAY OF SHOW

978-504-9068