• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Summit / Ft. Wayne Summit

21 posts in this topic

I was hoping to go to the Baltimore event, but there is a family fishing trip I MUST attend. I will probably go to the FT. Wayne summit if time permits.

One of the major reason for going is the variants. I also look forward to the workshops and hoped that I could go to Baltimore as they had a few more than Ft. Wayne... oh well!

What was it you were after? If it's the JLA, ASM or Wolvie... sorry.gif

John thumbsup2.gif

I was hoping to go to the Baltimore event, but there is a family fishing trip I MUST attend. I will probably go to the FT. Wayne summit if time permits.

One of the major reason for going is the variants. I also look forward to the workshops and hoped that I could go to Baltimore as they had a few more than Ft. Wayne... oh well!

John thumbsup2.gif

I wanted the ASM 535 frown.gif two infact. One for myself and another for my good friend Spider-Variant but im more important! grin.gif

John thumbsup2.gif

I wanted the ASM 535 frown.gif two infact. One for myself and another for my good friend Spider-Variant but im more important! grin.gif

Well, they are only giving one per account. So I think you'll have a tough time getting them from someone as they have proven to be super hot commodities!

If I go, I'll be bringing Lara... maybe if she wears a low cut top I can get a couple extra! 893whatthe.gif

I'll keep you posted... good luck smile.gif

John thumbsup2.gif

Anfield,

I think you might be out of luck here.

To even be able to register someone has to have a Diamond account in good standing. Then, we only get 1 set of the cool freebies per account.

I am sure they will give you all the Crayons and pencils you want but the RRP's are one per frown.gif

I wish they would let us get more, but in the same sense I see the reasoning. The RRPs wouldn't be worth as much if we could get as many as we wanted.

I had seen an e-bay auction listing the ASM 535 RRP to be given away to retailers at the Baltimore/Fort Wayne Diamond Retailer summit.

Sure enough, I google and find the link that Anfield has posted above. The ASM 535 is listed as a give away. But now as Anfield points out, is no longer listed. Also the e-bay listing was pulled.

So, it appears Marvel decided not to make this book a RRP, but does anyone know for sure?

The RRP is a invitation-only group of retailers assembled by DC Comics which addresses, in rough terms, industry issues in general and DC topics in specific. RRP Editions -- and there have been several -- are named for those promotional comics given out at meetings of the DC RRP. If it's not a DC RRP meeting, chances are it's not a RRP Edition. Further, variants are not produced for every RRP meeting.

Not every promotional variant comic is a RRP. Lately, following the huge success many dealers and collectors have had with the Batman #608 RRP Edition, there have been a deluge of comics being called RRP Editions which are distinctly not RRPs.

The Superman/Batman #1 Diamond Retailer Summit Edition was emphatically not a RRP. Every Diamond Comic Distributors or Alliance Game Distributors retailer who attended that year's summits in either Ft. Wayne or Las Vegas was eligible to receive one. The Superman #204 and Identity Crisis #1 variants were likewise not RRP Editions but instead are also Diamond Retailer Summit Editions.

Scratching the surface, here's a quick comparison:

RRP:

All Star #1 (1999)

Batman #608

Fables #6

Global Frequency #1

Not RRP:

Identity Crisis #1

Superman #204

Superman/Batman #1

The RRP is a invitation-only group of retailers assembled by DC Comics which addresses, in rough terms, industry issues in general and DC topics in specific. RRP Editions -- and there have been several -- are named for those promotional comics given out at meetings of the DC RRP. If it's not a DC RRP meeting, chances are it's not a RRP Edition. Further, variants are not produced for every RRP meeting.

Not every promotional variant comic is a RRP. Lately, following the huge success many dealers and collectors have had with the Batman #608 RRP Edition, there have been a deluge of comics being called RRP Editions which are distinctly not RRPs.

The Superman/Batman #1 Diamond Retailer Summit Edition was emphatically not a RRP. Every Diamond Comic Distributors or Alliance Game Distributors retailer who attended that year's summits in either Ft. Wayne or Las Vegas was eligible to receive one. The Superman #204 and Identity Crisis #1 variants were likewise not RRP Editions but instead are also Diamond Retailer Summit Editions.

Scratching the surface, here's a quick comparison:

RRP:

All Star #1 (1999)

Batman #608

Fables #6

Global Frequency #1

Not RRP:

Identity Crisis #1

Superman #204

Superman/Batman #1

That's fascinating, thanks for the info. Well in that case i have been searching emphatically for a reasonably priced Superman/Batman "Diamond Retailer Summit Edition" (doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?) with no luck.