• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So if I ask if its pressed...

87 posts in this topic

who give a [embarrassing lack of self control] if it's pressed.

it's not like adding peices and color touches.

Christo_pull_hair.gif

speaknspell.jpg

"i before e, especially just before c" confused-smiley-013.gif

I think he meant assume every Nelson book has been subjected to pressing and bid accordingly. If it doesn't bother you.....bid aggressively. If it does....then exercise restraint.

Since we've been told the percentage of collectors who care about pressing is microscopic....it shouldn't make a dent in sales proceeds.

I figured he was talking strictly about Nelson immediately after posting this...but I have also heard others say it about buying in general...

As far as Nelson goes...I'd be surprised if less than 90% of the CGC comics he sells are unpressed. With the skills he has, every comic is a candidate for pressing. It's human nature to try to make an item we sell look the best before offering it up...and if single pressing doesn't hurt a comic, as he claims, than what's the harm? And it may fix an error he may have missed upon prior inspection...

Jim

Far from me to defend Matt,who doesn't appear interested in defending himself,but do you believe 90% of books have slight damages that can be improved by pressing?Pressing isn't a cure-all. It seems to work on specfic problems,not every problem.

Far from me to defend Matt,who doesn't appear interested in defending himself,but do you believe 90% of books have slight damages that can be improved by pressing?Pressing isn't a cure-all. It seems to work on specfic problems,not every problem.

Heck no...just that if pressing could slightly improve a comic's appearance then it's probably going to be pressed by Nelson.

Jim

Just returned from Chicago Con. Sold 8 1/2 long boxes of books, approximately 2,300 books. Sold an additional 54 books from my "Expensive Boxes". Sold 4 slabbed books.

No one asked me during any of the sales if any of the books were pressed (I did have one customer ask if any of the 4 books he was eyeing were restored).