• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So if I ask if its pressed...

87 posts in this topic

...and I get no response, should I assume the answer is yes?

I try to steer clear of the thrice daily pressing threads, but I seem to remember Nelson stating he'd tell you if you asked, eh? Or was that just me projecting my hopes and dreams?

I try to steer clear of the thrice daily pressing threads, but I seem to remember Nelson stating he'd tell you if you asked, eh? Or was that just me projecting my hopes and dreams?

you asked him on a book of his??

Yep. No reply. Its one thing if I'm some looney asking some question in half-English. Yes or no question. Woud have taken but seconds to reply.

Yep. No reply. Its one thing if I'm some looney asking some question in half-English. Yes or no question. Woud have taken but seconds to reply.

Did you ask him about his arseman shill account, too? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

People should purchase books with the knowledge that all books are pressed they come from the printers where the are folded and pressed. They sit in long boxes pressing agains't each other. If properly package them for shipping they are pressing between 2 pieces of cardboard. Then many of them go in a slab. If they were also machine pressed at any time does it really matter. Every collector should come into this industry with the idea that any potential purchase could potentially and/or has in other ways been pressed.

People should purchase books with the knowledge that all books are pressed they come from the printers where the are folded and pressed. They sit in long boxes pressing agains't each other. If properly package them for shipping they are pressing between 2 pieces of cardboard. Then many of them go in a slab. If they were also machine pressed at any time does it really matter. Every collector should come into this industry with the idea that any potential purchase could potentially and/or has in other ways been pressed.

People should also purchase books with the knowledge that all books come trimmed at the manufacturer. If they were machine trimmed at any time, does it really matter if trimmed later on? Every collector should come into this industry with the idea that any potential purchase could potentially and/or has in other ways been trimmed.

People should purchase books with the knowledge that all books are pressed they come from the printers where the are folded and pressed.

...and trimmed.

They sit in long boxes pressing agains't each other. If properly package them for shipping they are pressing between 2 pieces of cardboard. Then many of them go in a slab. If they were also machine pressed at any time does it really matter. Every collector should come into this industry with the idea that any potential purchase could potentially and/or has in other ways been pressed.

Everyone agrees re-trimming is a cheat. So is undisclosed re-pressing a cheat? That's the question, and a reasonable one, since value is placed on unusually high states of preservation.

Or are a do-overs worth just as much as ones that survived by luck and circumstance? confused-smiley-013.gif

People should also purchase books with the knowledge that all books start with clean white paper onto which colored inks are added by the manufacturer. If they were machine inked at any time, does it really matter if colors were added at some point later on? Every collector should come into this industry with the idea that any potential purchase could potentially and/or has in other ways been touched by color.

Every collector should come into this industry with the idea that any potential purchase could potentially and/or has in other ways been pressed.

I still prefer to buy my books from dealers who will make an effort to disclose known work performed on a book. To get back on topic. Matt has already stated that he would acknowledge if a book has been pressed when asked. He now has been asked. Matt may be temporarily unavailable so it is probably just a matter of time before he would respond.

Every collector should come into this industry with the idea that any potential purchase could potentially and/or has in other ways been pressed.

That attitude does a disservice to honest dealers who would disclose known work performed on a book knowing that many customers want to pay a premium for virgin high grade material. Matt has already stated that he would acknowledge if a book has been pressed when asked. He now has been asked. Matt may be temporarily unavailable so it is probably just a matter of time before he would respond.

I agree on both points. Matt should be given the benefit of the doubt (as I would want the same) before being flogged and beaten.

I still prefer to buy my books from dealers who will make an effort to disclose known work performed on a book. To get back on topic. Matt has already stated that he would acknowledge if a book has been pressed when asked. He now has been asked. Matt may be temporarily unavailable so it is probably just a matter of time before he would respond.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Not all sellers answer all questions that come in. Heck, most sellers ignore most questions.

However, I would like to point out that I asked on day 1 of the auction. It is now the last day of the auction. So that's the entire length of the 7 day auction that went by without a reply.